CFN: SEC Championship: Georgia vs Alabama Prediction, Game Preview

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Georgia might be playing at a dominant-high level, but it also hasn’t had to deal with anyone that amazing for a while.

Tennessee is fine, and Kentucky is good, and Auburn and Arkansas are solid, but Georgia didn’t have to play Alabama in the regular season. It didn’t have to face Ole Miss, and it didn’t deal with the Mississippi State curveball.

No, of course there’s no dogging the Georgia schedule against nine bowl bound teams – no, there’s NO dogging 12-0 from the SEC – but it’s going to need to find a gear that it hasn’t had to use since early September.

To be kind, let’s just say Alabama is battle tested.
SEC Championship: Georgia vs Alabama Prediction, Game Preview

I will NOT take it!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I love all these analysts whose entire focus is a raging case of "last-game-itis."

I mean, Michigan couldn't beat Ohio State because:
a) Ohio State thumped Sparty by 49 points
b) Michigan lost to Sparty

"Let's forget the entire season and focus on a game where his lead back was injured and his best receiver missed most of the game after an ejection."

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Also, nine of those 12 bowl teams have .500 or below records in the SEC, too.
And this isn't the days of 15 bowls, either.

Reactions: BloodyTusk

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Bama has a path to victory, but it’s going to be held together with duct tape and wishing. This is a smoke and mirrors game. Bama cannot run the ball or pass protect.

Bama needs some atypical things to happen. Maybe recover a muffed punt. Maybe a pick 6. Maybe UGA has some untimely penalties. It’s got to be a few things. I don’t expect this team to show up and play “well”. What I mean is they’re not going to show up and be able to pass protect or run. If that happens then I don’t know what to tell you.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I am rooting for Bama to win. I am hoping for Bama to win. But everything just reads this is GA's year. BUT if there is one team that can put fear into the hearts of GA and their fans it's Bama.

Buf in the case that GA loses, Kirby should just reitre from coaching and GA should fold their football progam and focus on their gymnastic program.

I will say this, I believe GA defense will play it's worst game of the year against Bama. Rather that still ends up with a W for them or Bama, tell will team but I think Bama will somehow expose GA's defense.

Reactions: seebell

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
We're either going to see a clinic in GOAT coaching, or a slugfest where we run out of punches. My crystal ball is in the shop getting fixed, so I can't tell which way it's going to go.

One big question is does Kirby and Georgia go conservative (like against Clemson) and play not to lose vs. Alabama throwing deep balls over the defense. If that happens, we have a great chance. I think both teams have the depth to go all game (except us a running back), but Georgia has not had to go 60+ minutes since September. They could be in for some real fatigue if they are having to fight late into the fourth quarter. I sure hope we run them side to side and deep all game to wear them out.

The running game is a real concern with one scholarship back left. That's just crazy.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Bama has a path to victory, but it’s going to be held together with duct tape and wishing. This is a smoke and mirrors game. Bama cannot run the ball or pass protect.

Bama needs some atypical things to happen. Maybe recover a muffed punt. Maybe a pick 6. Maybe UGA has some untimely penalties. It’s got to be a few things. I don’t expect this team to show up and play “well”. What I mean is they’re not going to show up and be able to pass protect or run. If that happens then I don’t know what to tell you.
My thoughts exactly. We will need a couple of miscues, a turnover to give us short field, a pick 6, a special teams or defensive TD. We don't need it all, but we need one or two of those.

Or....we need the OL to suddenly play with the talent it has....but I think we'd all be amazed if they did that for one or two drives, let alone the entire game vs that front seven.

We have a path, it runs through Bryce and our D.....but is really reliant on 1. getting a few breaks...2. having the OL block even remotely better.

Reactions: CrimsonEyeshade

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Amazing that an 11-1 team, 4 points away from being 12-0, is so universally considered the loser going into this match up. I get why, still it's amazing.
And honestly, if it wasn't Alabama going up against Georgia....any other team not named Alabama that had the results we had.....would be a 10 to 13 point underdog at least. The name is the difference.

These boys need to realize that and come out and play to the Bama Standard.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
And honestly, if it wasn't Alabama going up against Georgia....any other team not named Alabama that had the results we had.....would be a 10 to 13 point underdog at least. The name is the difference.

These boys need to realize that and come out and play to the Bama Standard.
I've actually viewed it quite differently. I think the fact that we aren't the typical dominant Alabama team has lead people to believe we aren't good, which is ridiculous. I think if it was A&M on the jersey coming in at 11-1 with the same team and same results then this game would be viewed much differently. But because we haven't been winning every SEC game by 40, then the view is this Alabama team is not very good and has no chance on Saturday.

The one thing I will say is that there are very rarely real upsets in the SECCG. The only one that I can really think of is LSU over Tennessee in 2000 or 2001. I don't really view our 99 or 09 wins against Florida as real upsets.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
If you can guarantee Bryce has the ball in his hand with a chance to win in the 4th quarter ... where do I sign up?

That would mean we stood toe to toe with goodgawdalmighty Georgia for the entire game and have the best quarterback in the country to pull it out. Wonder how UGA would react to that kind of pressure?

Gimmee!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.