How good is Cincy?

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I think Cincy has a Jim Thorpe Award finalist at one CB spot. But what QB's and WR's have they seen, that's the question.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
UC is a quality team with quality players. They are capable of winning the game if we do not do what we should do. That said they are not on the level with us or other teams in the P5. I do not agree with the letting a G5 team into the playoffs. The quality of schedule is not anywhere near the same. I can pick 10-15 schools that would likely have an undefeated record with UC's schedule. They never had to play a back to back games against a team with a winning record until the end of the season. Tell me Ole Miss would not have been undefeated with that schedule. I would like to see what UC would do with a stretch of games like
@ AL
ARK
@ut
LSU
@aubarn

or better yet
@ SC
FL
LSU
@ UGA
@ MSU
TN
It's really not fair to teams that have 2 or 3 losses with schedules like that, and a UC gets into the playoffs bc they play ND and win. Baylor is the Big 12 champion and they just got left out b/c of UC, or even Ohio State. I personally wouldn't want to play OSU, but they have a better case to be in than UC.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
d) America loves an underdog
While it's true, I've never understood this one.

I've far more respect for the unstoppable machine than the scrappy startups. It's very, very hard to build the unstoppable machine, much less keep it humming along at that clip. It's far easier to have a great peak every once in a while.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
From what I observed, their offense is average. They have a solid front 7 that swarms the ball. They also have future NFL corners that are opportunistic. Their D isn’t a fluke and they have nothing to lose. I expect their scheme will be in line with Auburn. A lot of complicated looks and kitchen sink blitzes to confuse our OL.
Yeah, they will try and do the same thing that awbern did...

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
UC is a quality team with quality players. They are capable of winning the game if we do not do what we should do. That said they are not on the level with us or other teams in the P5. I do not agree with the letting a G5 team into the playoffs. The quality of schedule is not anywhere near the same. I can pick 10-15 schools that would likely have an undefeated record with UC's schedule. They never had to play a back to back games against a team with a winning record until the end of the season. Tell me Ole Miss would not have been undefeated with that schedule. I would like to see what UC would do with a stretch of games like
@ AL
ARK
@ut
LSU
@aubarn

or better yet
@ SC
FL
LSU
@ UGA
@ MSU
TN
It's really not fair to teams that have 2 or 3 losses with schedules like that, and a UC gets into the playoffs bc they play ND and win. Baylor is the Big 12 champion and they just got left out b/c of UC, or even Ohio State. I personally wouldn't want to play OSU, but they have a better case to be in than UC.
UC with one loss is likely not even in the top 10 of the playoff rankings

• Thank You
Reactions: The Ols

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I mean, they're a talented team for what they are, but they just aren't in the same universe as Bama wrt talent.
Recruiting rankings for the last four years:
Cincy:
2018: 49th
2019: 66th
2020: 41st
2021: 45th
avg: 50th

Bama:
2018: 5th
2019: 1st
2020: 2nd
2021: 1st
avg: 2nd

Of course Bama has to prepare - Cincy plays sound football - but they don't have anywhere near the talent of the average SEC team, which Bama routinely blasts by 20+ points.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Most people in the know seem to think this year's (2021) Cincy team is actually a little weaker than last years (2020) squad. AAC collectively was very down though.

They've got some NFL players on their defense (respectable DL, although not what you usually see in the SEC) and some decent corners.

Their offensive line is going to have a hard time block us, IMO. Desmond Ritter is pretty mediocre at QB.

I think it looks a lot like our 2016 win over Washington in the semifinals.
Same goes for us.

Reactions: UntouchableCrew

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
They are 13-0 because they did the best they could week after week against non-elite opponents. They are very well coached and have great talent. They have the No. 1 pass efficiency defense in the country but they haven't played any teams with an elite level QB. If Bryce Young has time to look downfield and stays upright then Bama will kill them.

Think Ole Miss, Miss State and South Carolina capability but without the benefit of having an SEC schedule and experience.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Yeah, but there IS something to the JHS voodoo, too, that makes no sense. Even when we beat them there, it's often a brutal war. 2011 was the only real exception. Even in 2015 they were down and nearly out and that bonehead made that bobble carry catch for the "it's not over yet" touchdown.
I think the voodoo is connected to the building that burned down next door to the stadium back in the nineties. A deal with the devil that went wrong, and was later set right.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm really hoping we take this team seriously and show up ready to dismantle them.

They are a solid well coached team but they in no way should be able to go toe-to-toe with us with both teams playing their A games.

If we take care of business we can say "See we told you it's Different when Alabama has something to play for against these teams".

If we just stroll off the bus thinking our Uniforms will win the game and get beat then that excuse of not having the right motivation against one of these teams will never be valid again.

Gotta take care of Business here.

gymcoach

1st Team
Dec 6, 2006
No way we beat Cincy, their defense is going to shut us down. The two DB’s are future first round picks and Williams will not be able to get open because they will double team him and our young wide receivers and TE’s aren’t good enough. The offensive line will not be able to block their big defensive front and the linebackers. Our defense just can’t stop their Qb, he is a dual threat and you know Bama can’t stop dual threat Qb’s. The offensive line will manhandle our defensive front seven. Anderson isn’t man enough to play against their offensive line. We just need to go ahead and forfeit. Is that good enough yummy rat poison?

• Haha
Reactions: UAH and NCRollTider

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I don’t think Saban is going to allow this team to become complacent, despite the SECCG results. He knows, and the players know what’s at stake and what awaits at the top of the mountain. I don’t think they will take Cincy lightly........ in fact, I expect Saban to remind them how far they have come but how far they have to go. The team has begun to come together and I think they will show up

The media sunshine pumping for Cincy has begun........ the sports media in Atlanta are already talking about what a feel good story Cincy is and how great it would be for them to win and show the world that they belong...... and it will only get worse. I want all the disrespect they can throw at Bama

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.