Obvious Needs for 2022

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Definitely need immediate help at RB and Offensive Tackle.

After that we need to start grooming guys at MLB, corner, Tight End

QB is a bit tricky. Ty Simpson looks like a good prospect, but many believe Paul Tyson might bail after the playoffs and Jalen Milro is definitely an experiment. We may need a second QB signee.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
To our recruiting experts: as of what weve signed so far, would it be fair to say that all of our immediate needs have been sufficiently addressed? We all know thats the all-important metric in recruiting, not where we end up in the rankings.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
To our recruiting experts: as of what weve signed so far, would it be fair to say that all of our immediate needs have been sufficiently addressed? We all know thats the all-important metric in recruiting, not where we end up in the rankings.
I agree with you 100% my friend, we can always go to the portal or wait till Feb to fill all our needs

Reactions: deliveryman35

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
The only position I see where I would have liked more depth is ILB. The one we got is great, but really would have been good to get 2 guys there. There's talk that either Campbell or Alexander might get looks at ILB from EDGE, and if that happens, then it would have been good to add another EDGE to the list given how our D packages are shifting to use more of that type of player than we have in the last few years

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
The only position I see where I would have liked more depth is ILB. The one we got is great, but really would have been good to get 2 guys there. There's talk that either Campbell or Alexander might get looks at ILB from EDGE, and if that happens, then it would have been good to add another EDGE to the list given how our D packages are shifting to use more of that type of player than we have in the last few years
Campbell will probably move inside given his weight, it may be his fastest path to play time.

And we have a good bit of depth for next year at OLB. Anderson, sanders, Turner, Braswell, koht, and add in Alexander.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: CoolBreeze

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
Since we've about beat to death our short-comings, I thought we might talk about what we see as the greatest needs as starters for next year, either from our current roster or through recruiting/transfer portal.

Offense:
1. RB -- a dominant one, i.e., big, strong, fast, and agile who can make his own hole and take it the distance. BR is good, but we need another Nagee, DH, Mark Ingram, etc.
2. At least 2 OL -- 1 left tackle and a take charge center.
3. TE -- either Latu and Jahleel have to develop better hands or we need someone else to step up. Every great offense that I have seen has a great TE.

Defense:
1. MLB -- strong enough to take on linemen and fast enough to cover in pass defense, etc. #10 is a really good strong safety playing LB.
2. DT -- we're losing a couple...can never have too many of these.
3. Safeties: JB will go pro and the others are flawed at best. Can Kristen Storey step up and be the answer?
4. CB -- Kool Aid is one; Branch and Moore should be the others. Do we have any recruits coming in who can play immediately?

Special Teams:
1. Punter...

Any thoughts?
The transfer portal solved the issues at Running Back and Corner Back. I think the line is and will continue to develop with experience I believe all the pieces are there.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.