How good is Cincy?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I noticed a change is Coach Sagan’s demeanor the week before the SECG. He seemed all smiles, relaxed, confident in his team. It does seem like this team is a late bloomer. Here’s hoping they continue that together-ness and we see happy Saban!
Did anyone else think “billyuns and billyuns of years ago” when they saw Coach Sagan ? ;)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This thread makes me nervous. It's like we are giving Cincy some "yummy" rat poison.
It's the media that gave Alabama the yummy rat poison. I don't think many of us are discounting their ability to put point on the board, we know they are very good, but based on their performances, they aren't consistent enough to keep it going for 4 quarters. I don't think they can get to 30 points against Georgia, Ohio State, Alabama.. this year. Last year CIncy played against Georgia that had half of the team out of the game. On worry meter against Cincy: 4.5/10 The more i research their data, watched their games this season, the more i"m confident we can expose them, which is that they do not do well in long down situations.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I would argue that 2014 showed up and got beat by a better team. Look, I'm as big a fan as anyone and it pains me to say it, but we just got flat out beat by a better team when Ohio State beat us. Not "much" better - but better enough.

(Did we play a role? Yeah, we helped, but we help teams all the time and they still lose).
They definitely showed up and could have won the game. That was not a case of mailing it in. That was a case of running up on a buzzsaw and running out of answers. Although I still say we could have handled the game plan in a better way, namely with Derrick Henry and the running game, but that's to take nothing away from Ohio State.

And I'll say again, we didn't even show up unprepared against Clemson in 2018. We were just way too heavily tilted to one thing on offense, Clemson shut down that one thing, and we had nothing to answer with. Those Ohio State and Clemson teams were just as good as we were, or certainly as close to that as possible. You cannot be made one dimensional in those match ups and hope to win many.

Reactions: 92tide

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This thread makes me nervous. It's like we are giving Cincy some "yummy" rat poison.
Cincinnati doesn't matter. At all. They can come in believing they can beat last year's Superb Owl Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers and it won't matter - it's 100% up to Bama. If Bama plays as they're capable of, Cincy cannot win.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
They definitely showed up and could have won the game. That was not a case of mailing it in. That was a case of running up on a buzzsaw and running out of answers. Although I still say we could have handled the game plan in a better way, namely with Derrick Henry and the running game, but that's to take nothing away from Ohio State.

And I'll say again, we didn't even show up unprepared against Clemson in 2018. We were just way too heavily tilted to one thing on offense, Clemson shut down that one thing, and we had nothing to answer with. Those Ohio State and Clemson teams were just as good as we were, or certainly as close to that as possible. You cannot be made one dimensional in those match ups and hope to win many.
iirc, in 2018 in the 3rd q we were able to move the ball between the 20s but clemson kept stoning us in the red zone

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
I've seen Arkansas mentioned several times as comparable in some ways to Cincy. I do think Arkansas wasn't an easy game for us and of course there's potential for Cincy to be a problem. But.....Bama played at an entirely different level against Georgia than any of our earlier games. If we maintain that level of intensity and quality of play and keep the improved play calling , we win this game going away. Coach Saban is a master in strategy and I expect no less this game.

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
It's the media that gave Alabama the yummy rat poison. I don't think many of us are discounting their ability to put point on the board, we know they are very good, but based on their performances, they aren't consistent enough to keep it going for 4 quarters. I don't think they can get to 30 points against Georgia, Ohio State, Alabama.. this year. Last year CIncy played against Georgia that had half of the team out of the game. On worry meter against Cincy: 4.5/10 The more i research their data, watched their games this season, the more i"m confident we can expose them, which is that they do not do well in long down situations.
couldn't the same be said of Alabama's inconsistencies?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.