2022 Recruiting: Who are the 2022 Recruiting Targets?

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
One tragic note ... Auburn is ranked 13 out of the 14 SEC schools, just ahead of the Florida leper colony Mullen built. Yes, they are trailing Vanderbilt.
This staff works pretty quietly, it turns out.

We're probably looking at a class around 15ish this cycle with 10 or so being our ceiling if things break our way. Next week should be a good week though given what we're hearing right now.

Last edited:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
This staff works pretty quietly, it turns out.

We're probably looking at a class around 15ish this cycle with 10 or so being our ceiling if things break our way. Next week should be a good week though given what we're hearing right now.
That would be an impressive comeback— not 98 yards impressive but impressive all the same.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
That would be an impressive comeback— not 98 yards impressive but impressive all the same.
Part of what we're counting on to bail us out is how much coaching turnover there is. Best example, our top receiving prospect this cycle, Clemons, was all but Oregon bound but we're suddenly back in the driver's seat with Cristobal going to the U.

I give Harsin a pass for last cycle and this one because recruiting is about relationships and those take time, but despite all of the doom and gloom we're not actually in bad shape at all.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Well looky here....hearing some heavy noise out of Baton Rouge that Boutte will enter the transfer portal. Bama wanted him badly coming out of high school. They would definitely have interest in him again....let's see how this plays out.
If he lived anywhere else, he would be at bama rn. earlier in the year Fleming was rumored to be wanting to do the jamo route

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
For those who know. How does the transfer portal work? Does Bama get word that Boutte is in the portal, and they reach out to him? Does Boutte get into the portal then reach out to schools he is interested in?

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
For those who know. How does the transfer portal work? Does Bama get word that Boutte is in the portal, and they reach out to him? Does Boutte get into the portal then reach out to schools he is interested in?
Soooo..the transfer portal is a way to let other programs know that a kid is interested in possibly transferring. Once someone enters their name, other programs are allowed to reach out to said athlete, and start recruiting them.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Well looky here....hearing some heavy noise out of Baton Rouge that Boutte will enter the transfer portal. Bama wanted him badly coming out of high school. They would definitely have interest in him again....let's see how this plays out.
Wonder if Kelly bringing in Frank Wilson on staff could have an impact with this one.

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
Soooo..the transfer portal is a way to let other programs know that a kid is interested in possibly transferring. Once someone enters their name, other programs are allowed to reach out to said athlete, and start recruiting them.
Thanks I wasn’t sure if the player had to make first contact or if the institution could. I figured there would be potential for tampering, etc. and wasn’t sure what the rules were on that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.