Thoughts on last nights games and the big one

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think this plays into the game more that most realize. Georgia has cruised all season, only needing emotional intensity for the SECCG, where their dreams came crashing down...hard. They spent the last month getting that intensity back and it showed in their game against Mich. This season they have not had to keep up that level of intensity for any two games, much less three games in a row.
the only time they faced any real adversity at all this season, they folded like a cheap tent

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I think the officiating crew for the game Monday will be from the ACC. I wonder how they compare to SEC' refs and the refs we had in the semi's?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Simply not true:AU was one game and IMO, was a boon to Bama vs UGA and future Bama games vs AU in JH. Knew that UGA had played no one and though good, was not an all-time D. More importantly they match up well vs UGA and have always been a fabulous underdog. The fact that they have been “Alabama” for a century means a lot in these big time games. Though unfortunately, they are not invincible.
In hindsight it is not true but I believe the overwhelming majority of us did not think we would be where we are now after seeing the Auburn game. I am glad to be wrong.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
We always seem to be able to replace talent but this year we had to replace an inordinate amount of leadership from last year. Of all the team's CNS has had, last year's team was special, a lot of guys came back with one purpose and it showed.

This year's team is very talented, but it is young. I never really expected to playing for the NC again, or at least I prepared myself, before the season, that this season may be a little more difficult than past seasons. Not even Alabama wins them all, right?

At this point though, Kirby will have to prove he can beat CNS. If/when he does, hats off to him, until then I expect us to win. This is probably our worst team in years and UGA's best team in years and we already beat them once. We have already won an SEC Championship, I'm old, that is still important to me, secured our spot in the playoff off and in the NC game. I will be disappointed if we lose, no doubt, but this Alabama team, win or lose, has been resilient.

I continue to say this, but this, once again may be one of CNS' better coaching jobs. It is truly incredible what he does year after year. For all the credit he does get, he still rarely wins coach of the year and he could probably win it every year and maybe that is why. They can't give it to him every year so they always give it to someone else.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I continue to say this, but this, once again may be one of CNS' better coaching jobs. It is truly incredible what he does year after year. For all the credit he does get, he still rarely wins coach of the year and he could probably win it every year and maybe that is why. They can't give it to him every year so they always give it to someone else.
I can't see how it's not his best - especially if Bama wins it all again.

http://instagr.am/p/CYUmNqFuLuK/

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
No, Kirby feels that there was nothing wrong with the scheme they ran against us the first time. He has already said it was busted coverages that cost them the first game. So what you have seen from uga all year is what you are going to get this time around. Now on our side of things there are going to be things that we didn’t show during the Cincy game. Did the same thing last year with ND and OSU wasn’t prepared for it. I think Saban, as much as it pains me to say this, learned from Dabo that you hold some stuff back until the Championship. He kicked our butts with stuff they hadn’t showed on offense the last time we faced them.
Another thing that I think will play a part in this game is, can Georgia bring the intensity two straight games. It is one thing to bring it one game but to bring it two straight is harder than people realize.
If you want to count the SECCG where they should have had the intensity, that's three straight.
...and everyone has to slow down on the Cincy results. We took the path of least resistance and it worked almost perfectly. Vanilla on both sides. Pound the ball. Show nothing and move on. Check check check...

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
Im constantly reminded that Kirby had all the film in the world on Johnny and Deshaun and yet couldn’t stop them He is trying to win a national championship with Jalen Hurts. Sure it can be done but how long can a defense stop Bryce.
He is trying to win a national championship with Jalen Hurts. Sure it can be done but how long can a defense stop Bryce.
Thurston Howell III is a better passer than Jalen. Don’t get me wrong, I love Jalen, but he’s an incredible talent playing out of position just like Tebow… 🤢 🤮 Now I have to go wash out my mouth…

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
LOL, Hurts is literally a starting QB in the NFL and was named a 2021 Pro Bowl NFC alternate.
Time will tell, brother. To be honest I don’t follow Bama players in the NFL, with the exception of the Grey Ghost, to me Jalen has all the intangibles that you look for; leadership, heart, drive but he’s not a pure passer. With his lower body strength and shiftiness he could be a fantastic RB.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Time will tell, brother. To be honest I don’t follow Bama players in the NFL, with the exception of the Grey Ghost, to me Jalen has all the intangibles that you look for; leadership, heart, drive but he’s not a pure passer. With his lower body strength and shiftiness he could be a fantastic RB.
Considering he's one of the 32 best QBs on the planet right now, I'd humbly suggest he's doing just fine at QB...

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I will say this again: CNS hired smart and a few others from Valdosta State to join him at LSU. CNS made these people, it’s not the other way around. The way kirby left Alabama by taking pics of the recruiting board is inexcusable. I can’t stand him and all we need to do is invite Gus to stand on the sideline and he’ll roll up in the fetal position. Say what you want about Lane, he refers to CNS as coach. Unlike the poc smart. My HS basketball coach attends church with me, he’ll always be Coach.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I will say this again: CNS hired smart and a few others from Valdosta State to join him at LSU. CNS made these people, it’s not the other way around. The way kirby left Alabama by taking pics of the recruiting board is inexcusable. I can’t stand him and all we need to do is invite Gus to stand on the sideline and he’ll roll up in the fetal position. Say what you want about Lane, he refers to CNS as coach. Unlike the poc smart. My HS basketball coach attends church with me, he’ll always be Coach.
Saw my high school coach after almost 50 years. He was " Coach ", not " Frank ". It was automatic. Can`t imagine anyone doing anything else.

Reactions: bamamc1 and Con

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.