GA Fan view of the game

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Not going to waste my breath on this drive-by-posting, but Chris Smith played in the SECCG. That the OP said he didn't told me everything I needed to know on that post.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
2 things.
It’s one thing to play a whole season with some guys missing. It’s another to lose 2 guys you have built your entire season around , and one was a huge part of the game plan, a guy that draws attention so other guys get open, that has chemistry with the QB and makes the same reads on the defense so BY knew where to throw the ball . since you brought it up.

yep , you won by 15 points . Stomped a mud hole in Nick Saban‘s team, as I heard it on 92.9 this week. Georgia’s program has surpassed Bama as the Nations new top program as I heard in 680 the fan. Funny, Bama was driving to tie the game with 2:39 to go in this big win.

I got news for you, the NC game and the SEC game was the same game. Bama moved the ball(more yards than Ga) , scored on most of their drives early in the game. Held Ga in check early through 2 1/2 quarters. The only difference was the big play ability of Metchie and Jamo . With them, Bama scored TDs instead of FGs.with them, Bama put pressure on the Ga offense and Bennett made mistakes. and blew out Ga, Game was over at halftime. Without them you got the Result you got.
thats the first time I’ve even used injuries , (BTW our 2 starting corners were also out for this game) but again, you brought it up. We won’t ‘ if only Colt didnt get hurt’. I guess you can go back to Dawgnation and post a link to your troll so you can all laugh!
Our OL had to be reshuffled as well... :unsure:

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
I’d suggest that you try and “Act like you’ve been there before…”

…..but that one other time was so long ago that it probably occurred way before you were born.

I‘d also suggest that you “Show your class instead of your, umm derrière…”

…..but you’re a UGA fan, so no one expects you to even know what class is, much less possess any.

Finally…I‘m sure your intention was to drive by and use your superior intellect to stealthily rub salt in our collective wounds, in an effort to extend the high achieved from winning the game…

…..yet you‘re not even smart enough to realize that we are collectively rolling our eyes and laughing at you because your display here only proves that you’re an immature and petulant child.

Enjoy the 1-1 split with Bama this year. You got the championship title…but we got an SEC title and a Heisman Trophy, which isn’t a bad consolation. See you next year.

buckeyeFB_

3rd Team
Jun 24, 2019
To be honest, I really haven't seen any Bama fans using injuries as an excuse (and that seems to be what you're inferring). I've only seen Bama fans express disappointment/frustration that their back-ups failed to step up when they needed them, which is essentially the polar opposite of using injuries as an excuse.

I also think it's worth mentioning that there's a big difference between a team losing a player during a game (Jamo) and a team already knowing that a certain player won't be available because, if you already know a certain player won't be available, you get to spend all your time during practice preparing the next guy/guys up.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
Congrats on your NC, and enjoy your #1 ranking while it lasts. History suggests that next year will be very, very different-- for UGA and for Bama.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I suspect the GA idjit got what he wanted. There was no way in Hades GA was the better team, merely a healthier team. Bama lost a lot of key players who would have impact the game, included Chris Allen. Allen and Anderson would have stolen Bennett's soul and sold it on ebay for the price of a pack of gum.

GA won, it's done. But it's a fallacy* to say they were the better team. But if this GA fan wants to go to sleep every night thinking GA was the better team, then let the little guy go to be believing that. Cause when he wakes up in 2022, he is waking up to a nightmare.

*(Hey Thibodeaux, fallacy = a mistaken belief, especially one based on unsound argument. I know reading is hard and I want to help you.)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Sounds a lot like the Clemson fans when they finally won a NC after 4 decades. Granted, I have to at least give them some slack because they did win 2 NC in a short amount of time and it at least appeared they were headed to dethroning Bama and "changing of the guard".

But the JawJuh fans are doing it after one NC in 4 decades, LOL! Bless their hearts, they won a free one year membership to the country club and are embarrassing themselves in front of the paying members.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
2 things.
It’s one thing to play a whole season with some guys missing. It’s another to lose 2 guys you have built your entire season around , and one was a huge part of the game plan, a guy that draws attention so other guys get open, that has chemistry with the QB and makes the same reads on the defense so BY knew where to throw the ball . since you brought it up.

yep , you won by 15 points . Stomped a mud hole in Nick Saban‘s team, as I heard it on 92.9 this week. Georgia’s program has surpassed Bama as the Nations new top program as I heard in 680 the fan. Funny, Bama was driving to tie the game with 2:39 to go in this big win.

I got news for you, the NC game and the SEC game was the same game. Bama moved the ball(more yards than Ga) , scored on most of their drives early in the game. Held Ga in check early through 2 1/2 quarters. The only difference was the big play ability of Metchie and Jamo . With them, Bama scored TDs instead of FGs.with them, Bama put pressure on the Ga offense and Bennett made mistakes. and blew out Ga, Game was over at halftime. Without them you got the Result you got.
thats the first time I’ve even used injuries , (BTW our 2 starting corners were also out for this game) but again, you brought it up. We won’t ‘ if only Colt didnt get hurt’. I guess you can go back to Dawgnation and post a link to your troll so you can all laugh!
I cannot believe you actually listened to 92.9 the game and 680. I could not bring myself to listen to the idiots on either. Especially Mike Bell, who is a giant DB and loves to hear himself talk. His IQ is bordering on shoe size. I am guessing he is the "mudhole" idiot? or maybe John Fricke? Those 2 are the types to say something so utterly stupid and untrue.

fralo4tide

1st Team
Jun 4, 2009
Pensacola, FL
Have not posted in a long, long time. But the "injury" rebuttal from UGA is making me put my coffee cup down, and take up the pen here.

Injured players lost early or prior to the season cannot possibly be compared to those only just recently lost, as they have the benefit of multiple games under their belt, and have had time to develop, grow, and gel with the team over the course of the season. But someone lost leading up to or actually DURING the championship game does not have that luxury, and the coaching staff has to scramble and put a band-aid on it in essentially a moment's notice. Between the SECCG and the championship game, Bama's roster went from what to what? That is what must be considered.

It is an OBJECTIVE FACT that Bama's injuries affected the unfolding of the game. It's simple cause and effect. Were Jameson in the game, the remainder of the game would have played out differently. There's a good chance that UGA would not have the offensive success and/or strategy they did later in the game, as Bama's offense would have probably put more pressure on them to score. The only question should be did Jameson's injury and that of others impact the actual outcome of the game, in that Bama would have won had they not been injured? We don't know, and can only speculate. Call me biased, but I think they would have.

In my opinion, the whole "injuries are part of the game" or "injuries are an excuse" argument is itself an excuse used by fans to not think critically. Better to just sweep it under the rug and not look for the real reasons why events unfolded as they did. But if you want to gain a true portrait of things, you must think critically.

Gabby Johnson is right!

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Have not posted in a long, long time. But the "injury" rebuttal from UGA is making me put my coffee cup down, and take up the pen here.

Injured players lost early or prior to the season cannot possibly be compared to those only just recently lost, as they have the benefit of multiple games under their belt, and have had time to develop, grow, and gel with the team over the course of the season. But someone lost leading up to or actually DURING the championship game does not have that luxury, and the coaching staff has to scramble and put a band-aid on it in essentially a moment's notice. Between the SECCG and the championship game, Bama's roster went from what to what? That is what must be considered.

It is an OBJECTIVE FACT that Bama's injuries affected the unfolding of the game. It's simple cause and effect. Were Jameson in the game, the remainder of the game would have played out differently. There's a good chance that UGA would not have the offensive success and/or strategy they did later in the game, as Bama's offense would have probably put more pressure on them to score. The only question should be did Jameson's injury and that of others impact the actual outcome of the game, in that Bama would have won had they not been injured? We don't know, and can only speculate. Call me biased, but I think they would have.

In my opinion, the whole "injuries are part of the game" or "injuries are an excuse" argument is itself an excuse used by fans to not think critically. Better to just sweep it under the rug and not look for the real reasons why events unfolded as they did. But if you want to gain a true portrait of things, you must think critically.

Gabby Johnson is right!
Kinda like “ we didn’t work out hard enough for the SECCG”………

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Let's not forget that the sideline reporter during the game told Herbie and Fowler when Jameson went out she heard UGA's defensive co say to his defense "#1 is out, he's not coming back in, no excuses". Even their own defensive co knew that Bama's last 1,000 yd "main receiver" was out and we had nothing but freshmen and secondary wr's playing. They are more than welcome to watch the broadcast again and listen. It's there.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Ok, so UGA won their once-every-century-or-so national championship.

Sounds like this fella is STILL smarting from the spanking Bama put on the puppies' behinds in the SEC Championship game.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Ok, so UGA won their once-every-century-or-so national championship.

Sounds like this fella is STILL smarting from the spanking Bama put on the puppies' behinds in the SEC Championship game.
2nd and 26 will forever be ingrained in their psyche and will never go away…….. you’d have to have a bad stigma not to see it

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Somebody ask LSU fans if "players matter" when it comes to determining the outcome of the game. They got beat by Kansas St and the K-State fans celebrated like they legitimated beat an LSU team that hadn't had a ton of opt-outs, transfers, and injuries. But HEY, "that's just part of the game".

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
Let's not forget that the sideline reporter during the game told Herbie and Fowler when Jameson went out she heard UGA's defensive co say to his defense "#1 is out, he's not coming back in, no excuses". Even their own defensive co knew that Bama's last 1,000 yd "main receiver" was out and we had nothing but freshmen and secondary wr's playing. They are more than welcome to watch the broadcast again and listen. It's there.
Yep, I heard it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.