Is it too early for this? Who comes back and who turns pro?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
To me, Harris often picked the wrong spot for most of his career. And I felt that outside of the postseason he often hesitated too much before making a play.

if HTT can keep improving his play calls,and we can get a fast thumper who can guard a tight end, we will be ok.
Outside the Auburn, Georgia games, and Cincinnati he was very up and down. I think his last 4 games made him a lot of money but with who we have coming back I just don’t see this loss as moving the needle. We have plenty of talent there and we have a very experienced and talented group coming back so we will be fine.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Outside the Auburn, Georgia games, and Cincinnati he was very up and down. I think his last 4 games made him a lot of money but with who we have coming back I just don’t see this loss as moving the needle. We have plenty of talent there and we have a very experienced and talented group coming back so we will be fine.
Unless I'm forgetting somebody, the backup ILB's that are still there (Moody and Lee left) barely got on the field on defense. That's my concern.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Harris declaring is a disappointment and a significant loss for the defense. Yes we have talent to fill the void but not the experience. Would have loved to have had him back but we’ll be overall really good at LB as the season progresses as long as we don’t get bit by the injury bug again.

Reactions: B1GTide

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Harris did/does 2 thing well. Coming forward in pressures. And he can run.But considering the fact that in 3 years he completely refused to take on blocks head up,stone and destroy blocks with techniques offered to him to get that done.And the fact that he dropped his head and ran around blocks,and used the old "Ole" shed technique more than any major college LB I have ever seen? Along with Billingsley and his "Schtick" ?I cant believe the 2 were out there playing the reps they were.It is unbelievable.

They may miss him in the locker room. They may miss him as far as leadership goes. I do not know.But I do know they wont miss his play on the field,although I do admit he was somewhat better late this past season.He better get a hell of lot more physical starting now or he will get blasted off your TV screen by those nastys on the next level.Nobody plays ILB in the NFL now or ever that runs around blocks and shies away from contact.

I wish him well.But there is a HUGE difference,lets say,between a CHarris and a Nakobe Dean,or the many Hammers The Tide have had through the years playing the Mike and/or the Will LBs.Alabama will have at least 3 young men itching at the bit to play and competing for those inside LB spots.I believe in addition by subtraction,as far as Harris,Billingsley,and Jobe goes.Roll Tide!!!

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
We should remember that Harris was playing a new position and was thrust into a starter's role as a freshman because of injuries. He has been less than instinctive for much of his career but really was playing pretty well over the last half of this year. The NFL doesn't seem to value LBs as highly these days, so I wouldn't be be surprised to see him go in the 3rd round, but his speed may catch someone's eye earlier.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Not really surprised Harris is gone. Does feel like a loss but let's see if one of the young guys can step up. At least HTT is back that should definitely help the young LB transition to a starting role more easily.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I still have not seen anything official from Harris or Alabama. Did I miss something?
I haven’t see anything “official”. Matt Zenith of On3 said his departure was “expected” which led many sites like Inside Alabama to post it as a done deal.
Christian has through today to declare.

Reactions: B1GTide

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
For me, the most important thing is that Pete Golding is now another year removed from his initial inexperience as our DC and one more year under his belt as our DC. Also, the players that were freshman during his first year as DC should now be used to what he does, how he does it and what is expected. Golding and those freshmen should all be on the same page. It is hard to believe he's now been our DC three years. :oops:

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Harris did/does 2 thing well. Coming forward in pressures. And he can run.But considering the fact that in 3 years he completely refused to take on blocks head up,stone and destroy blocks with techniques offered to him to get that done.And the fact that he dropped his head and ran around blocks,and used the old "Ole" shed technique more than any major college LB I have ever seen? Along with Billingsley and his "Schtick" ?I cant believe the 2 were out there playing the reps they were.It is unbelievable.

They may miss him in the locker room. They may miss him as far as leadership goes. I do not know.But I do know they wont miss his play on the field,although I do admit he was somewhat better late this past season.He better get a hell of lot more physical starting now or he will get blasted off your TV screen by those nastys on the next level.Nobody plays ILB in the NFL now or ever that runs around blocks and shies away from contact.

I wish him well.But there is a HUGE difference,lets say,between a CHarris and a Nakobe Dean,or the many Hammers The Tide have had through the years playing the Mike and/or the Will LBs.Alabama will have at least 3 young men itching at the bit to play and competing for those inside LB spots.I believe in addition by subtraction,as far as Harris,Billingsley,and Jobe goes.Roll Tide!!!
some good observations. not good getting off blocks or attacking blockers. Just didnt play physical football. But his speed is impressive when he had a clear shot to the QB.. Those early season misses became good plays by the end of the year. I also agree on Billingsley

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.