Jay Barker Arrested

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
agreed. but aside from his actions in the car, he was basically stalking her by being at her house, and then coming back again, which is a big no no and does not look good for him regardless.
Yea that’s the crux. You can drive away angry, but driving away angry at 1:15am after you see your seperated wife leave a party with someone else, looks really bad.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
And also remember if both names are on the deed of the house he can come back anytime aslong as their is not a restraining order, happened to my son with his ex he kept the house and according to the law she had legal access
I wonder if this was a reason? It would provide a slightly better context for being around so late, and coming back.

Given her decent success in country music, she could’ve had a residence of her own she held on to, which throws all this out the window.

Regardless of context, they are getting divorced and have no children together, so an interaction with her in a non public place and without lawyers was stupid on his part.

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
In this era of media coverage many times in an attempt to be first with the story some of the old school journalism practices and standard due diligence ie verification of sources etc goes out of the window.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He may have had a legal right to be there (if he is indeed co-owner) but going over at one in the morning hardly sounds like he was going over to pick up a few things.

Yes, rival fans are having fun with this. But let’s not act like we’d be sympathetic if this was Cam Newton or Peyton Manning.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
agreed. but aside from his actions in the car, he was basically stalking her by being at her house, and then coming back again, which is a big no no and does not look good for him regardless.
You're assuming quite a bit there.

I could easily concoct a dozen or so realistic, believable, justifiable reasons both for him being there at 1:30 am as well as returning later that morning - simply involving a couple of text messages.

Of course, it's just as likely for that to NOT be the case but we, currently, have no evidence to indicate that the truth lies in either direction...

• Thank You
Reactions: JohnD

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
You're assuming quite a bit there.

I could easily concoct a dozen or so realistic, believable, justifiable reasons both for him being there at 1:30 am as well as returning later that morning - simply involving a couple of text messages.

Of course, it's just as likely for that to NOT be the case but we, currently, have no evidence to indicate that the truth lies in either direction...
i'm not assuming anything other than what we know from the reports. she had filed for divorce from him and they are separated, he was at her house waiting on her at 1:30 am and left in a rage, and then came back. that's pretty shady no matter how you look at it.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
i'm not assuming anything other than what we know from the reports. she had filed for divorce from him and they are separated, he was at her house waiting on her at 1:30 am and left in a rage, and then came back. that's pretty shady no matter how you look at it.
Hypothetical Scenario:

At around midnight, Jay receives a text from Sara's phone asking him to come over and talk. In reality, it's one of her inebriated friends "playing a prank" on her soon-to-be ex-husband. He drives over, rings the bell, texts, and no answer but decides to wait a few minutes. After a period of time just long enough for him to get ****ed but before he decides to leave, he notices the new boyfriend's car. He loses his temper and recklessly backs out of the driveway and speeds off, not intending to hit anyone but just being reckless out of anger. After the police arrive, take statements, etc., a suggestion is made for her to ask Jay to come back to give a statement or whatever. She texts - or better yet, calls - Jay and makes the request, to which he agrees. He returns and is then arrested.

While he is still at fault for being reckless in this scenario, there's nothing inherently "shady" about his being at the house either time.

And while there is currently no evidence to suggest this scenario actually played out, there's also no evidence to indicate that it did not occur, much less could not have occurred.

You lack the context to logically determine that his actions were, in fact, "shady"...

...which means you are making assumptions...

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Hypothetical Scenario:

At around midnight, Jay receives a text from Sara's phone asking him to come over and talk. In reality, it's one of her inebriated friends "playing a prank" on her soon-to-be ex-husband. He drives over, rings the bell, texts, and no answer but decides to wait a few minutes. After a period of time just long enough for him to get ****ed but before he decides to leave, he notices the new boyfriend's car. He loses his temper and recklessly backs out of the driveway and speeds off, not intending to hit anyone but just being reckless out of anger. After the police arrive, take statements, etc., a suggestion is made for her to ask Jay to come back to give a statement or whatever. She texts - or better yet, calls - Jay and makes the request, to which he agrees. He returns and is then arrested.

While he is still at fault for being reckless in this scenario, there's nothing inherently "shady" about his being at the house either time.

And while there is currently no evidence to suggest this scenario actually played out, there's also no evidence to indicate that it did not occur, much less could not have occurred.

You lack the context to logically determine that his actions were, in fact, "shady"...

Why don't we await for more information?

Please don't be offended as this is by no means a shot at you, but this kind of reminds me of when I read an awbern poster justifying $cam's theft of another student's laptop as a "misunderstanding"... :cool:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Why don't we await for more information?
Umm, that's exactly what I'm saying... ???

Right now, we don't know why he was there. He could have been lured there by a prank or even an intentional trap to make him look bad in the divorce. He also could have been there with a weapon contemplating something far worse.

At this point, drawing ANY conclusion constitutes making assumptions...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Hypothetical Scenario:

Where your scenario falls apart is the old rule about how nothing good happens after 11pm.

And per the story is was 130am.

(I don't disagree with you regarding "wait and see" but AT A MINIMUM even your scenario IN MY OPINION would constitute poor judgment on Barker's part).

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Where your scenario falls apart is the old rule about how nothing good happens after 11pm.

And per the story is was 130am.
Tons of good things happen after 11:00 pm.

That's an absurd adage, not a rule.

(I don't disagree with you regarding "wait and see" but AT A MINIMUM even your scenario IN MY OPINION would constitute poor judgment on Barker's part).
It is most likely an example of poor judgment.

My point, however - which should be obvious given the comment(s) I have been referencing/quoting - is that we haven't even been proffered a reason from anyone involved as to why he was supposedly there in the first place, so any assumption on his intent, e.g., stalking, shady, etc., is wholly and merely that: a simple assumption...

Reactions: Toddrn

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.