Is it too early for this? Who comes back and who turns pro?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I think we've come out in good shape, all things considered.
I would agree. I think with the recent transfers/NFL declarations we are now close to or made even under the 85 total scholarship limit. I think the question remains whether Tennison or Randolph return. Depth wise at this point in most positions we seem okay. And there may still be room to add a player or two more from the portal that CNS feels are "difference makers' like HTT or Jameson Williams, like he has done with Ricks and Gibbs.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Wynn, Ray, Tennison & Randolph are a candidate to move on.
in 21, Wynn was listed as a redshirt junior, so he wouldn't have to use the Covid year to come back.

Ray is a guy who had so much potential and just has not been able to stay healthy so I could see him wanting to stay on if we can make room for him.

Randolph saw his PT gradually reduce over the season to the point that in our run heavy win over Cinci, he barely played in his blocking TE role. I'm just not sure he'd have a role so it would make sense for him to move on.

Tennison is a mystery to me. played a decent amount over the last few years, then played in the opener and just vanished - didn't even warm up for the next game, but there were no injury reports or anything like that I could find, and given how Billingsley was in the doghouse, it would have seemed there was an opportunity for someone else, but nothing happened, so yeah, have to guess it's time for him to move on also.

Reactions: CB4

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Ray moved on. Randolph is coming back. So, Tennison and Wynn is next. I'm truly suprised that Randolph came back, and I'm glad he did. He has a chance to stick on OL... maybe as RT. Either way his role will increase next year.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Ray moved on. Randolph is coming back. So, Tennison and Wynn is next. I'm truly suprised that Randolph came back, and I'm glad he did. He has a chance to stick on OL... maybe as RT. Either way his role will increase next year.
wasn't the thought coming out of 20 and into 21 that Randolph would have the lead at playing RT, and Owens would be Center? Then suddenly Owens has to move out to RT, with George behind him, and when George doesn't quite cut it, Owens takes back over, but when Owens gets dinged we put in Kight. Is there really a thought KR would be an option back at RT after all that?

hate that about Ray. Just couldn't get through the injuries. Wish him the best for whatever path his future holds.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: The Ols

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Why would that happen?

rolltd

3rd Team
Dec 15, 2010
What or where is Ray moving on to?

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
He was on local TV, said he felt like he had unfinished business...
LaBryan Ray certainly had an unfortunate injury history at Alabama. This appears to be one more example of how a promising athletic career has gone awry. It is difficult for me to understand how anyone would draft him with his lack of availability. Recalling that Dylan Moses went undrafted last year.

Reactions: B1GTide

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
The weakness of the team this year and it looks like next year as well. Hoping Brockermeyer and Latham somehow build their bodies up enough (Brockermeyer) and get enough good coaching that they live up to those rankings.
They will be big and strong enough!!!Dont worry about that...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.