Bizarre headlines in the news

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
For conversations sake, I looked these monkeys up. They are not very big full grown. Their method of killing is to drop the dog from a tree or somewhere with a big drop.

You get a heavy Pitt bull that’s been trained to fight, they never give up…the monkeys would have a hard time getting the dog up up in the air. A wild guess, at least twenty monkeys would be mauled before their numbers overwhelmed him.
Except that these monkeys are smarter than some people - not joking

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
For conversations sake, I looked these monkeys up. They are not very big full grown. Their method of killing is to drop the dog from a tree or somewhere with a big drop.

You get a heavy Pitt bull that’s been trained to fight, they never give up…the monkeys would have a hard time getting the dog up up in the air. A wild guess, at least twenty monkeys would be mauled before their numbers overwhelmed him.
Considering the largest macaque is about 40#, compared to 60# for the PBT, I'd give the pit bull the advantage here. Lots bigger, a lot stronger, far more destructive 'weapons'.

I mean, a PBT is a tough match for a grown man, which will weight 4x or more what these macaques weigh.

If these macaques were coming after my pets it would be open season.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Reactions: seebell

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
There must be more to this story: 🤔
Man Who Stopped Wife From Driving Drunk Charged With Manslaughter After She Died Walking Home

An Alabama man was arrested and charged with manslaughter after his wife was fatally hit by a motorist while walking home drunk.

Jason Todd, 42, allegedly refused to let his wife, Tanya Anderson, get behind the wheel of her car while under the influence.

According to Alabama Local News, Todd and Anderson had been at Friends Steakhouse in Clanton, Alabama, where Todd’s band was playing their final set back in summer 2018.

Anderson had gotten drunk, demanding to drive herself home but Todd refused, telling her that he’d drive her home himself after he paid his tab.

Anderson reportedly refused and threatened to leave, at which point Todd told her to “walk home,” believing that she wouldn’t.

Anderson was tragically hit by a vehicle after her husband prevented her from drunk-driving.
According to court records and police reports, Anderson began walking home, although she did not make it very far before being fatally struck by an oncoming vehicle.

Authorities immediately accused Todd of causing Anderson’s death by allowing her to walk home while intoxicated.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
If the husband had prevented his wife from leaving the bar to go home, what would they have charged him with? Kidnapping? unlawful restraint?

On the other hand, If the husband had dressed her in brighter, more reflective clothing, she obviously would not have been hit. What was he thinking?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If the husband had prevented his wife from leaving the bar to go home, what would they have charged him with? Kidnapping? unlawful restraint?

On the other hand, If the husband had dressed her in brighter, more reflective clothing, she obviously would not have been hit. What was he thinking?
It's more basic than that, although you touched on the underlying problem with the kidnapping (really "civil false imprisonment.") The assumption of the prosecutor is that the husband is the "keeper" of the wife, that he has some sort of inherent control over her. Notice the use of the word "allowing." That is an idea from past centuries and not even the last one. I predict it gets pitched out of court before it even gets started...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
It's more basic than that, although you touched on the underlying problem with the kidnapping (really "civil false imprisonment.") The assumption of the prosecutor is that the husband is the "keeper" of the wife, that he has some sort of inherent control over her. Notice the use of the word "allowing." That is an idea from past centuries and not even the last one. I predict it gets pitched out of court before it even gets started...
That's what I was getting at with my sarcastic remark suggesting he, the husband, was responsible for choosing her clothing.

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
World Shooting Champion Died After Accidentally Shooting Himself During Hunting Trip
Cristian Ghilli, 19, was an Italian world junior skeet (clay pigeon shooting) champion who finished third in the World Cup event in Peru and gold at the European Championships. Just in October, Ghilli was crowned World Champion in the sport.

But tragically, Ghilli reportedly shot himself in the stomach while on a hiking trip with friends and later died in the hospital.

Ghilli and his friends were hiking in Montecatini Val di Cecina in Pisa, Italy, when the accident occurred. The Mirror reported that his gun accidentally fired a round into his stomach while he was picking up a few used cartridges.

• Wow

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
San Francisco’s Millennium Tower, one of glitziest residential buildings in the city, is now tilting more than two feet north and west and continues to tilt at a rate of three inches a year because it’s sinking into the ground. In fact, it has already sunk between 17 and 18 inches. If the problem isn’t fixed, the building could eventually tilt 40 inches, the maximum it needs to function and most probably for the elevators and plumbing to work.
San Francisco’s Luxurious New Skyscraper Is Tilting 26 Inches (msn.com)

• Wow

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
  • Officials discovered a Maryland man dead inside this home with more than 120 snakes inside.
  • Both venomous and non-venomous snakes were found in tanks, authorities said.
  • The unidentified man's death is under investigation.
WRC-TV reported that one of the snakes was a 14-foot-long Burmese python and other types included rattlesnakes, cobras, and black mambas.
Hmmmm, I wonder . . . 🤔

• Facepalm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.