Who is in the 2022 Transfer Portal?

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
He is no Jamo! Not close to that. Closer to Metchie...And Boutte...I like Josh Downs better without question..And it is hard to know who will be available Post-April. Burton is a player that has the oppy to be more productive than he has been if healthy,based on where he lands.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
He is no Jamo! Not close to that. Closer to Metchie...And Boutte...I like Josh Downs better without question..And it is hard to know who will be available Post-April. Burton is a player that has the oppy to be more productive than he has been if healthy,based on where he lands.
Nobody is fast as Jamo. Dude avg almost 20 yards/catch so he has some wheels.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Lane Kiffin talked to JT Daniels and Burton about coming to Ole Miss. Supposedly they want to play together. I was hoping Bama would get Burton. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Reactions: B1GTide

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
I would take another healthy Metchie. He is a dog. And I would take Boutte. I think no matter what we need another wide receiver from the portal, if a good one ends up there (besides Burton now). Way too much youth and inexperience at that position for next year.

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
I would take another healthy Metchie. He is a dog. And I would take Boutte. I think no matter what we need another wide receiver from the portal, if a good one ends up there (besides Burton now). Way too much youth and inexperience at that position for next year.
I totally agree. We missed him more than most would admit the last 2 1/2 ballgames.I think if we have him out there(along with Jamo)?..We win the Ring. I will always believe that. 96 catches for over 1100 yds is a crapload of production,toughness,and experience..PLUS..You could tell that him and Bryce were in sync,and he was BY's go to guy when things broke down a little. Impossible to replace that.IT JUST IS.

I like Josh Downs a lot if he becomes someone that is available. Boutte and Burton also. And there will be others Post-April.I do believe that this offseason will really help Hall,Brooks,Leary,JoJo,and Holden.They are a talented bunch!..I guarantee they are gifted and are in a good spot with such a tremendous QB room as THE TIDE has!!..And those 5 freshmen Perimeter guys coming on board?...Not real big or rangy,but nobody in college football history has EVER brought a faster collection of young pass-catchers into a program than these 5 are.Of course there is a lot to being an elite Slot or Wide-out.But these guys check the speed box and then some. They just need to be coached up just like the program has always done with guys like Julio,Coop,Ridley,JJ,Ruggs,Waddle,Jamo,Devonta...and the rest....

Reactions: seebell

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
As with most things in life, the portal has been both good and bad for us. Bad in that we are losing some pretty good players and good that it frees space for maybe some acquisitions of our own. Also good is that our jumpers are finding good landing spots, remember only about 20 percent of portal jumpers find another team. Tricky business this.

Reactions: seebell

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.