SIAP - 5* RB Camar Wheaton is no longer listed on the team

melvinm

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 2013
Evidently, according to this article, Camar Wheaton is no longer listed in the school's student directory and has been away from the team, multiple sources tell 247Sports. Though an official announcement has not been made, a source indicated to 247Sports that Wheaton is unlikely to return to Alabama. Wheaton is not listed in the transfer portal, 247Sports has learned.

Also in the article, “Camar Wheaton’s still rehabbing,” Saban said. “He’s not on the field yet. He’s got a ways to go.” Sine he's apparently not in the Portal, I guess no one knows how this will end up.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Toddrn and dtgreg

gymcoach

1st Team
Dec 6, 2006
Was he ever? Duron Carter’ed it. He will end up at one of the Texas schools, some kids just like to be close to mom and pop. Good luck young man and I hope everything works out for you.

Reactions: seebell

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I wish he would stay, but I guess that wasn't meant to be. I think he had a re-injury of his meniscus that required another surgery (at least that is the rumor) and maybe some other issues. I wish him the best of luck, unless he plays against Bama.

Hopefully, all our RB's can stay healthy this year. RTR

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He never bought into the process. He wasn't happy being in T-town, didn't like the atmosphere, etc. like Evil said.. Expect him to land at SMU very soon.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I wish he would stay, but I guess that wasn't meant to be. I think he had a re-injury of his meniscus that required another surgery (at least that is the rumor) and maybe some other issues. I wish him the best of luck, unless he plays against Bama.

Hopefully, all our RB's can stay healthy this year. RTR
I really think we need to get our RBs at Sam's, in bulk. The attrition is atrocious, at least at RB. :mad:

Reactions: GrayTide

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
As many guys that have played that position under Saban at Alabama, and are wearing an NFL uniform today, and STILL, we have a hard time at that position. Ingram, Yeldon, Henry, N. Harris, D. Harris, then there's the Trent Richardson's and Eddie Lacy's of the world, who played meaningful all and probably made a ton of money. Even Alvin Kamara began his career at Alabama, as did Jerome Ford, who we just played against.

So much talent, and so much success. Attrition is a real and easy to see thing, and judging by our injuries at that position last year, it truly is a group that is "next man up".

Reactions: seebell

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
As many guys that have played that position under Saban at Alabama, and are wearing an NFL uniform today, and STILL, we have a hard time at that position. Ingram, Yeldon, Henry, N. Harris, D. Harris, then there's the Trent Richardson's and Eddie Lacy's of the world, who played meaningful all and probably made a ton of money. Even Alvin Kamara began his career at Alabama, as did Jerome Ford, who we just played against.

So much talent, and so much success. Attrition is a real and easy to see thing, and judging by our injuries at that position last year, it truly is a group that is "next man up".

Regarding Bama, RB is truly a position that there's no such thing as having too many. We've all seen the seasons where going into it the discussion on here was "it's crowded in the running back room" and after four weeks of the season we're in a panic because we're down to two.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Regarding Bama, RB is truly a position that there's no such thing as having too many. We've all seen the seasons where going into it the discussion on here was "it's crowded in the running back room" and after four weeks of the season we're in a panic because we're down to two.
RB and LB - very risky contact at both positions, and a ton of injuries.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
There was a thread just last June discussing the RB room with 7seven RBs all 4 or 5 stars at their position. I said at least two would transfer. Way too many RBs. We wound up with Robinson and Sanders at the end of the season. So what the hell do I know. We are now 1 down, Wheaton, with two incoming true freshmen RBs, Gibbs, Roydell, Sanders, and Jace By my count that is six, am I missing someone?

Reactions: Con and seebell

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.