Look a here, Bama is now at the top of Rivals rankings

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
They have three different rankings, recruit, transfer, and overall (combined). We are #2 in recruit and #1 in overall.
That's correct. While are #2 in the composite we signed 24 players at an avg rating of 95.53 (highest I recall us ever having), A&M signed 27 players at an avg rating of 94.41 and UGA who is #3 signed 27 players at an avg rating of 92.95. If we had signed 27 we would be #1 easily.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Hall and Brown played better than their rankings indicated. If we were to rank them again, they certainly would be low to mid 4 stars.
Hall for sure. Lots of players have been ranked higher but were not as good. Both went undrafted though.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Whether we are 1 or 2 depending on where you look or who you talk to, it comes down to what happens starting in August. We do the BEST in that area. Next, how do we do week by week through the season? Well, results have been pretty good (haha) I'd say. Now, compare that to our nearest competitors in the world: Georgia, who we split two games with in '21, and Ohio State, who we beat down in 2020 in the title game, but are always near the top in recruiting, winning, and everything else.

I'm aware of where aTm is in the recruiting world. I also know that they finished with only 1 loss in 2020, and that they "beat" us in 2021, but started and finished in rather disappointing fashion. Until Jimbo Fisher actually builds something consistent there, I'll always roll my eyes at any comparison.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.