What are you listening to (Music) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Here's a rare version with Neil doing solo vocals.......one of my fav. songs from CSN&Y. This album (Deja Vu) came out right after we moved to Florida in early 1970 so brings back some special memories.

Some notes on the album:

Déjà Vu was greatly anticipated after the popularity of the first CSN album and the addition of Young to the group. Stills estimates that the album took around 800 hours of studio time to record; this figure may be exaggerated, even though the individual tracks display meticulous attention to detail. The songs, except for "Woodstock", were recorded as individual sessions by each member, with each contributing whatever was needed that could be agreed upon. Young does not appear on all of the tracks, and drummer Dallas Taylor and bassist Greg Reeves are credited on the cover with their names in slightly smaller typeface. Jerry Garcia plays pedal steel on "Teach Your Children" and John Sebastian plays mouth-harp on the title track.

Four singles were released from the album with all but the last (Carry On) charting on the Hot 100. The popularity of the album contributed to the success of the four albums released by each of the members in the wake of Déjà Vu: Neil Young's After the Gold Rush, Stephen Stills' self-titled solo debut, David Crosby's If I Could Only Remember My Name, and Graham Nash's Songs for Beginners.

Personnel Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
David Crosby : rhythm guitar, vocals
Stephen Stills : guitar, bass guitar, keyboards, vocals
Graham Nash: rhythm guitar, keyboards, vocals
Neil Young: guitar, keyboards, harmonica, vocals
Additional personnel
Dallas Taylor: drums, percussion
Greg Reeves: bass (3-6, 9-10)
Jerry Garcia: pedal steel guitar (2)
John Sebastian: harmonica (6)

Production
Producers: David Crosby, Stephen Stills, Graham Nash, Neil Young
Engineer: Bill Halverson
Art direction: Gary Burden
Design: Gary Burden
Photography: Henry Diltz, Tom Gundelfinger
Direction: Elliot Roberts and associates
Agent: David Geffen
Digital remastering: Joe Gastwirt

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I saw this girl and her band Friday night at the Hub City Brewery in Jackson, TN. They're from Jackson and the whole band is good, but Lolo is a world class singer. I don't know that I have ever heard a better singer. She is much better in front of the band than behind the piano. FWIW, Stan Perkins is Carl Perkins son. He is a fine guitar player but not part of the band.

Reactions: Bazza

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
If anyone is a Fleetwood Mac "Rumours" fan, the new ATMOS version mix / master was released Friday on the 45th anniversary of the initial release. If you've got an ATMOS playback system or ATMOS headphones, it's worth the listen (I'm a bit biased as I mastered it... :) )

I imagine you’ve got a few stories you could tell CA!

Reactions: BearFoot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.