David Cutcliffe ‘thrilled’ to return to the Southeastern Conference

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I thought a couple of weeks ago he was going to be hired as an offensive analyst for Texas in a thin veiled attempt by Sarkisian to land Arch Manning. This is an SEC level job, I think he will do a good job for Sankey and Conference.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I thought a couple of weeks ago he was going to be hire as an offensive analyst for Texas in a thin veiled attempt by Sarkisian to land Arch Manning. This is an SEC level job, I think he will do a good job for Sankey and Conference.
I hope so brother & maybe so, I still don't trust any vile representative in The SEC office, I'm pretty sure when I take my last breath I still won't trust them at all.. That's just me though..

Reactions: thunderz7

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
An old man looking to retire but stay in the game he loves. I’m guessing he will have a nice office and a company car and an expense account at Baumhauers. And that’s about it.

Reactions: CB4 and Padreruf

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
Good for him. I’ve never had any problem with him, even during his UT days. Grew up in Birmingham and, while he didn’t play, did attend UA so will always consider him an Alabama guy. The only things I’ve ever heard from him were classy and he was a heck of a QB coach.

9gks

Scout Team
Jun 11, 2019
Good for him. I’ve never had any problem with him, even during his UT days. Grew up in Birmingham and, while he didn’t play, did attend UA so will always consider him an Alabama guy. The only things I’ve ever heard from him were classy and he was a heck of a QB coach.
Knew him in high school and slightly after college when he was coaching prior to getting the Ucheat gig. He was very much a Bama guy and we made a big mistake in not offering him a job

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'm glad y'all feel good about him being in a position of power in The SEC, he does seem like a good guy, but, I was just worried about his time as The Viles HC & the BS he had too constantly hear about all things Bama Football..I feel better about the situation..

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Ole Miss did him dirty. They panicked because he had a rough year after Eli left and pulled then trigger only to go get a complete incompetent in Eddie O. I wish we could have gotten him after Stallings retired. 1997-2000 could have gone very differently for us.

Reactions: dtgreg

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Ole Miss did him dirty. They panicked because he had a rough year after Eli left and pulled then trigger only to go get a complete incompetent in Eddie O. I wish we could have gotten him after Stallings retired. 1997-2000 could have gone very differently for us.
Cutcliffe's Achilles Heel was that he didn't recruit well. A lot of 2-stars and a few 3-stars.

He also was too tied to his UT offense to realize that you have to put players in position to be successful. Michael Spurlock went on to a few years in the NFL as a KR. Cutcliffe interjected him into the Manning drop-back offense that didn't suit his talents. He also tried to put another running QB(5-star from LA) Robert Lane into that offense with not much success.

He had one really good class (Eli Manning class) and kind of went to sleep on the rest of them.

Say what you want about Coach O, but the guy could recruit. Cutcliffe left a pretty empty cupboard. By the time Orgeron was run out of town, he had left behind a stocked depth chart. Houston Nutt was able to go to and win back-to-back Cotton Bowls.

Duke was a better fit for Cutcliffe. He didn't have to compete in the SEC West.

Reactions: We_are_Bama

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.