Looking for music help

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I run audio for our HS baseball team, play stuff before games and between innings. I’m looking for some input on music to play. We have a decent collection of things but it’s sort of dated and used so much I’m looking to incorporate some new stuff. I’m not really that much of an audiophile.
I was hoping some of you might have some suggestions for peppy stuff that fits the parameters of no sex/drugs/alcohol/N-word references.
I asked the kids for their walk ups this season and had to reject so many because of those four things and had to ask about one because of a firearms reference I didn’t want to just throw out there and surprise the coach. One poor kid sent me one after another thst was just foul and I had to ask “how is this better than the first one?”
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Padreruf and Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Some great classic rock stuff like AC/DC, Journey, Queen, Van Halen are possibilities.

Probably not what you're looking for but Nancy Bea Hefley was the stadium organist for 27 years for Major League Baseball's Los Angeles Dodgers, if you want to include some vintage stuff the kids may not even be familiar with.....

26 of her songs on this playlist:

Reactions: AlistarWills

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Some great classic rock stuff like AC/DC, Journey, Queen, Van Halen are possibilities.

Probably not what you're looking for but Nancy Bea Hefley was the stadium organist for 27 years for Major League Baseball's Los Angeles Dodgers, if you want to include some vintage stuff the kids may not even be familiar with.....

26 of her songs on this playlist:

Actually do have some stuff by each of those groups.
I threatened to get organ versions of all the MLB things like Charge! or the Mexican HT Dance, but just don’t know where I’d play them.

Reactions: Bazza

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Actually do have some stuff by each of those groups.
I threatened to get organ versions of all the MLB things like Charge! or the Mexican HT Dance, but just don’t know where I’d play them.
Mexican Hat Dance…my fingers are extra fat today.

• Haha
Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Mexican Hat Dance…my fingers are extra fat today.
I knew what you meant, Alistar.

After re-reading your post, I think I know what you're after and will post some suggestions when I have more time.

I've always felt the music at a ball park is mostly for the fans, so if they are boomers like me, they'd probably appreciate the songs from that era. But not the ones like you said that are way over-played.

Will post again....

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I run audio for our HS baseball team, play stuff before games and between innings. I’m looking for some input on music to play. We have a decent collection of things but it’s sort of dated and used so much I’m looking to incorporate some new stuff. I’m not really that much of an audiophile.
I was hoping some of you might have some suggestions for peppy stuff that fits the parameters of no sex/drugs/alcohol/N-word references.
I asked the kids for their walk ups this season and had to reject so many because of those four things and had to ask about one because of a firearms reference I didn’t want to just throw out there and surprise the coach. One poor kid sent me one after another thst was just foul and I had to ask “how is this better than the first one?”
Thanks in advance.
I did this for my oldest son's HS team in 1999 -- and yes, my audio file was greatly outdated by their standards. At least then they suggested some songs that I could use...our culture is going downhill...oh well...enough of an old man's rant.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Picking up where I left off - this music IMHO is more for the fans than the players.

The songs from the 70's and 80's seem to represent the concept of happiness the most so that's where I would look.

The folks who put together the soundtracks for Guardians of the Galaxy franchise felt the same way so maybe look there first (?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_(soundtrack)

The album topped the Billboard Top Soundtracks chart for 11 consecutive weeks and 16 weeks in total. As of April 2017, it has sold over 1.75 million copies in the United States alone, and has been certified Platinum by the RIAA. The album was the US's second best-selling soundtrack album of 2014.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol._2_(soundtrack)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.