Question: Do we stand a chance with Arch Manning?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
So.... what is he left with? Depth chart stuff maybe? Assurance of a starting position from the jump ( everybody knows Saban won`t guarantee a starting job, you`ll have to earn it. )?

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Hope he is just for that reason. What OBJECTIVE, statistically based information can he provide that shows that the UGA football program is superior to Alabama`s , particularly when it comes to player development and program accomplishments?
UA former QB’s Hurts, Tua, and Jones started for their NFL teams last year. WTH can he say? Fields left to get a chance? If it weren’t for CNS, smart and muschamp would be coaching high school ball in Georgia.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I find myself wondering if there are other, non-football related, factors that will weigh heavily in his decision. Or, will his college major simply be " getting ready for the league" and nothing much else.
I keep reading the family likes Austin. Easier for Arch to blend in to the background , focus on college . . And Arch likes Athens. Both offer excellent academic standards. I really think Archie likes Tuscaloosa. academics Are what you make them, and blending would be easy in Tuscaloosa with all the big names in college football that have passed through there before. Most predict Texas, Georgia is the betting odds on favorite and Bama now leads in the On3 predictor. 🤷🏻‍♂️

BTW, Arch is hanging with fellow Louisiana native and wide receiver Shazz Preston in T-town.
08149A59-2463-4F6B-80A7-AC071BD808C8.jpeg

rolltd

3rd Team
Dec 15, 2010
Bama will be fine with or without Arch, but I would rather have him, than play against him. I expect him to end up wearing Crimson. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: allybama2009

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I keep reading the family likes Austin. Easier for Arch to blend in to the background , focus on college . . And Arch likes Athens. Both offer excellent academic standards. I really think Archie likes Tuscaloosa. academics Are what you make them, and blending would be easy in Tuscaloosa with all the big names in college football that have passed through there before. Most predict Texas, Georgia is the betting odds on favorite and Bama now leads in the On3 predictor. 🤷🏻‍♂️

BTW, Arch is hanging with fellow Louisiana native and wide receiver Shazz Preston in T-town.
View attachment 23882
Really?

On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine says Alabama now leads for Arch Manning

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
We’ve won a lot of NCs with above average but not elite QBs too :)
Yeah. Bama has won with some great offensive lines and defenses lined with future members of the NFL. Any QB without a winning team around him is as a boat without oars. It is hard for me to see that any high school junior stands out significantly over several other athletes in the same position. Not going to give Arch Manning another thought!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
We’ve won a lot of NCs with above average but not elite QBs too :)
To say this a little differently, Bama has only won 1 NC with any of the Elite QB's Saban has signed (Phillip Sims, Blake Barnett, Tua, and Bryce). And the lone exception was Tua's heroics in the second half against Ga. But that was very much Jalen Hurt's season that got us there.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.