Herb Jones getting PT

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Man did we miss Herb this year. I’ll be honest I had no idea how his game would translate to the NBA but he is balling out.

Reactions: seebell

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Herb was awesome! He played great and got lots of love from the announcers. We definitely missed him this year but it’s nice to see him succeed with the big boys!

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I wonder when the last time was that two former Bama players faced off as starters in an NBA playoff game? It's been a long time.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I wonder when the last time was that two former Bama players faced off as starters in an NBA playoff game? It's been a long time.
McDyess and Sprewell never played each other in the playoffs. Nor Mo Williams and Gerald Wallace or TR Dunn vs Reggie King. Maybe Horry vs ???. Or maybe never. It’s probably been a long time since there were two Bama starters in the playoffs in total.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
McDyess and Sprewell never played each other in the playoffs. Nor Mo Williams and Gerald Wallace or TR Dunn vs Reggie King. Maybe Horry vs ???. Or maybe never. It’s probably been a long time since there were two Bama starters in the playoffs in total.
Did Horry ever face another Bama player?
He did go to more playoffs than most former players

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Did Horry ever face another Bama player?
He did go to more playoffs than most former players
I know he didn't with the Rockets. And during his time with the Lakers and Spurs he wasn't a starter.
McKey and Spree met in the playoffs (Knicks vs Pacers) but neither were starters. Same with McKey and TR (Sonics v Nuggets).

Horry played in more playoff games than any other player (more than Jabbar, Russell, Jordan, etc.)

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I forgot about Jason Caffey. I believe he played for the Bulls for a couple of playoffs. Maybe he faced another Bama player?
Keith Askins, but neither were starters.

I think last night was a first for Bama starter vs Bama starter

ETA. Askins was a backup with the Heat his entire career. But he’ been a coach and in the front office with them. 30 years with the franchise.

Last edited:
Reactions: DzynKingRTR

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I’m guessing McKey vs Sprewell in 2000. Can’t remember if McKey started by then.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I know he didn't with the Rockets. And during his time with the Lakers and Spurs he wasn't a starter.
McKey and Spree met in the playoffs (Knicks vs Pacers) but neither were starters. Same with McKey and TR (Sonics v Nuggets).

Horry played in more playoff games than any other player (more than Jabbar, Russell, Jordan, etc.)
Spree started in 2000. McKey didn’t though.

Reactions: TexasBama

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
My guess last night was that it could be Mo Williams vs someone, maybe Horry, but that's just a WAG. I may have to do some research on this. It's a kind of interesting question.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
My guess last night was that it could be Mo Williams vs someone, maybe Horry, but that's just a WAG. I may have to do some research on this. It's a kind of interesting question.
I looked up Mo when he was with the Cavs thinking he may have played against Gerald Wallace but the Hornets were pretty bad when GW was there. When GW was with the Nets I think Mo was in the Western Conference.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.