Johnny Depp Defamation Trial Against Amber Heard

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Actor Johnny Depp is suing ex-wife Amber Heard for $50 million for defamation in connection with Heard’s 2018 Washington Post op-ed, in which she spoke out about being the victim of domestic violence. Heard’s article did not specifically name Depp as her alleged abuser, but according to Depp’s lawsuit, it relied “on the central premise that Ms. Heard was a domestic abuse victim and that Mr. Depp perpetrated domestic violence against her.” Amber Heard is counter-suing Depp for $100 million.

The defamation trial began Monday in Fairfax County Circuit Court in Virginia, with jury selection completing on the same day. There is a possibility of celebrity witnesses testifying, including James Franco and Elon Musk. Tune in to the Law&Crime Network for daily coverage of this high-profile trial.

Live stream......

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
My opinion is they are both nuts. Case closed.
Not everyone is wired the same way.

I try not to judge other people.

I am angered by some at times - and may even curse them under my breath or out loud - depending on how bad their driving is. But I also realize there are many different kinds of people on this planet and just because they act differently doesn't mean they are (this or that).

I think Depp is a very talented person. I don't know enough about Heard to make an appraisal.

Even though I don't know that much about Depp's personal life, I'm sure people like that who are famous have their share of pressure put on them and as such have need of ways to cope. As long as he doesn't harm other people in doing whatever he does, I'm good.

Colorful......eccentric......eclectic........creative......lot's of adjectives one could apply rather than "nuts", IMHO.

I'm not glued to the TV watching the coverage here but am observing from a curiosity standpoint. Will be interesting to see if Heard can provide any solid eveidence proving the abuse she claims. If not I think he wins.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Based on the videos of Depp's testimony, and his sister's, Heard seems more like the aggressor. Her accusations have cost him roles, it's why he was replaced in the Fantastic Beast series. If her accusations are false, she should not just have to pay him but, she should go to jail. I'm not against the #metoo movement but I am against people being condemned before they have their day in court.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
The cross by Heard's lawyer today is revealing a lot of Depp's behavior and substance issues but so far nothing that amounts to any actual physical abuse. At least from just what I listened to.

Fair amounts of animosity and with that episodes of conflict. Very common in many relationships - but just never made public.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Depp has always been strange. Never heard of Heard.
Heard got famous on being the pretty girl off of the MMA Karate Kid Never Back Down . But she basically a lesser talented Megan Fox in it’s more about looks than talent in casting her. Her biggest film was Aquaman or the Rum Diary (with Depp).

But anyways this a case of two people not made for each other and an abuse of the Metoo movement. Pretty much everyone agrees she is the bully and the abuser in this case and claimed abuse to get Depp’s money. The problem is Depp is such a beta male and a passive guy that he settled for her to go away. But now he finds himself pretty much out of work because he allowed Heard to win the opening battle, and now he is deciding to fight back.

I think this really still favors Heard because of the initial settlement, but if Johnny wants to work again then he really needed to expose her for the wicked person she actually is so this is probably the best way to do it.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Heard got famous on being the pretty girl off of the MMA Karate Kid Never Back Down . But she basically a lesser talented Megan Fox in it’s more about looks than talent in casting her. Her biggest film was Aquaman or the Rum Diary (with Depp).

But anyways this a case of two people not made for each other and an abuse of the Metoo movement. Pretty much everyone agrees she is the bully and the abuser in this case and claimed abuse to get Depp’s money. The problem is Depp is such a beta male and a passive guy that he settled for her to go away. But now he finds himself pretty much out of work because he allowed Heard to win the opening battle, and now he is deciding to fight back.

I think this really still favors Heard because of the initial settlement, but if Johnny wants to work again then he really needed to expose her for the wicked person she actually is so this is probably the best way to do it.
I think this is more of your last paragraph than anything. Depp seems blackballed in Hollywood and this may be a way to get back in.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think this is more of your last paragraph than anything. Depp seems blackballed in Hollywood and this may be a way to get back in.
Yeah. But it’s really his fault in that regard because he allowed her to control the narrative initially and gave her settlement money to go away. My suspicion is that he either got bad advice from his legal and/or PR team initially or really wanted the story to die in the wake of the Me Too movement in Hollywood. But I think with the taped fights and photographs I think more people would have probably went against Amber in this situation.

I think Depp is probably at the end of his major stardom without this but this really hurt his reputation and job opportunities. We are talking about huge movie deals.

Reactions: BamaFlum

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Depp has been very entertaining, aside from anything else........

Well I’m just wondering if she is going to be put on the stand because there are some very interesting questions that will undoubtedly be asked. If she does then grab your popcorn because we are going have to hear her side of the “grumpy” story.

If anything by this case Depp has probably destroyed what was left of her very small career because it’s going to be hard for her to come back from this being out in the public.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
What really stands out to me is how polite Depp is on the stand. He's also very careful about the words he chooses. How much of that is the real Johnny Depp I don't know but the optics for him in this regard are very good, I have to say.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.