Question: Do we stand a chance with Arch Manning?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think obviously he is a very high profile recruit and even if name was not Manning he would be a high rated recruit. His size, arm and mobility/speed make him a high profile guy. He may not turn out to be a superstar but his name, psysical/mental traits make hin a very good high profile guy that we/I are very interested in.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I think obviously he is a very high profile recruit and even if name was not Manning he would be a high rated recruit. His size, arm and mobility/speed make him a high profile guy. He may not turn out to be a superstar but his name, psysical/mental traits make hin a very good high profile guy that we/I are very interested in.
Agreed, the name just cranks the hype up to 12+

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
To say this a little differently, Bama has only won 1 NC with any of the Elite QB's Saban has signed (Phillip Sims, Blake Barnett, Tua, and Bryce). And the lone exception was Tua's heroics in the second half against Ga. But that was very much Jalen Hurt's season that got us there.
You could make the argument that it should have been Tua's season.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If his name wasn't Manning, would he even get half this attention?
Honestly I dont think anyone would care this much or make as many threads or watch the recruitment as closely if his name was Smith. I think the kid is good, but how good remains to be seen.

Maybe its just me, but hearing "Manning" as a starting quarterback for Alabama just seems weird. Sure if he is good and wants to win a championship then cool. But I starting to kinda hope he doesnt come here because Im starting to hear Bama fans really paint this kid as the second coming and I kinda fear that we are going to get another quarterback fandom on the roster. I have really enjoyed these last two years where I didnt wonder if we had more fans of quarterbacks than of the team.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Honestly I dont think anyone would care this much or make as many threads or watch the recruitment as closely if his name was Smith. I think the kid is good, but how good remains to be seen.

Maybe its just me, but hearing "Manning" as a starting quarterback for Alabama just seems weird. Sure if he is good and wants to win a championship then cool. But I starting to kinda hope he doesnt come here because Im starting to hear Bama fans really paint this kid as the second coming and I kinda fear that we are going to get another quarterback fandom on the roster. I have really enjoyed these last two years where I didnt wonder if we had more fans of quarterbacks than of the team.
If you’re signing top notch quarterbacks, combined with NIL nonsense now, this will be the new norm. More Tennessee fans know the kid from California and he’s not even on the roster yet. It’s just the new norm.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
If you’re signing top notch quarterbacks, combined with NIL nonsense now, this will be the new norm. More Tennessee fans know the kid from California and he’s not even on the roster yet. It’s just the new norm.

They know his name, He doesn’t know theirs. I think Home Depot sells a product to get rid of Moles and Voles

D9FACAEE-E154-4C6B-B4BD-EAEA15189D02.jpeg

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Each time I check this thread I'm amazed that some question why a "Manning" would consider Bama.

Last time I checked we are still Bama, we've got Saban and we are the all-time best, most high profile program in the country.

Maybe the question should be, "Why would Arch Manning NOT want to come to Bama?"

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
That is the guy they want,He is the guy they should want.Athletic as hell,and spins it as well as anyone in the 23 cycle.The number 1 duel threat in the class,and is about to explode up recruiting rankings as he should.
All indications and speculations are that Bama wants him………and he’s visited a few times. I’d make him the primary target.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.