TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I saw a Tweet that says he has 4 years to play 3. Hopefully, he develops. But I'd be shocked if CNS didn't think he had pass-catching potential to take him as a transfer.

Reactions: Windsortide

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I saw a Tweet that says he has 4 years to play 3. Hopefully, he develops. But I'd be shocked if CNS didn't think he had pass-catching potential to take him as a transfer.
He is actually a signee from JUCO and not a transfer. I agree that CNS thinks he can catch but I think he got the offer based on his blocking skills.

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
He is a big and athletic- looking kid.That is for sure. He wasnt given a scholly just to be a blocker.They have obviously found out he can both run and catch it.Of course he hasnt done it in The SEC obviously. But it is evident he can get out and on people on the edge,and/ or an overhang player. Plenty big enough to get down on a 5 or 7 Technique guy in THE TIDE's Pin and Pull scheme.Also in their counter scheme where he can kick an opposite EOL guy or climb upfield and lead on a Will or a Mike

I was thinking also that he could take on the Randolph role and combine that with being a pass catcher too. As a Graduate I would think that if Kendall wants to play any more football,it will have to be somewhere else.Or...Coach may offer him a Grad-Assistant position or something else in the organization.I dont think he plays anymore for The Tide. I may be wrong. I have been before. But they still have some work to do on the roster.Especially to make room for Jordan Addison,who will announce his choice is Alabama as soon as Roster space is cleared....A person can hope and surmise cant they? :ROFLMAO: :cool:;);)

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
That gives this class 4 tight ends. That’s a little different direction for the offense, especially when adding in a full time TE position coach. That must be a Bill O’Brien thing.
Given the success of a TE offense in the NFL and the matchup issues it creates. This could be a fun season.

Reactions: The Ols

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
He is actually a signee from JUCO and not a transfer. I agree that CNS thinks he can catch but I think he got the offer based on his blocking skills.
Bama didn't even know who I was," Kitselman told the Tuscaloosa News. "I was working with the wide receivers in pre-practice, and then all of a sudden they were like, 'Hey, who's this No. 87? Is he a big wide receiver or is he a tight end working with wide receivers?'

"Just went from there. Luckily Alabama needed a tight end. A lot of the situations (with colleges recruiting my position) it doesn't even matter how good you are. If a team is set on tight ends they're not even going to look at you. Lord willing, Alabama needed a tight end, I was available and they chose me, so I just committed on the spot."

this was sudden, sounds like he can catch to me, also I wonder if the News is bad on the Addison front.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Bama didn't even know who I was," Kitselman told the Tuscaloosa News. "I was working with the wide receivers in pre-practice, and then all of a sudden they were like, 'Hey, who's this No. 87? Is he a big wide receiver or is he a tight end working with wide receivers?'

"Just went from there. Luckily Alabama needed a tight end. A lot of the situations (with colleges recruiting my position) it doesn't even matter how good you are. If a team is set on tight ends they're not even going to look at you. Lord willing, Alabama needed a tight end, I was available and they chose me, so I just committed on the spot."

this was sudden, sounds like he can catch to me, also I wonder if the News is bad on the Addison front.
I wouldn’t think so…….. I think Bama wanted a TE regardless so I wouldn’t count Addison out just yet……..

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

They were at the school recruiting a highly rated WR, saw him, offered him and he accepted on the spot. Don't think it has anything to do with Addison or anybody else.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
They were at the school recruiting a highly rated WR, saw him, offered him and he accepted on the spot. Don't think it has anything to do with Addison or anybody else.
If that's the case, I suspect he'll be a solid (hopefully special player). I don't know the recruiting tactics we employ, but a committable offer on the spot to a player we'd never considered or seen I imagine is quite rare!

Reactions: Windsortide

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.