Musk acquiring Twitter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Turns out the problem really isn't bots. Bloomberg breaks down the billion dollar annual burden on a company which hasn't historically been all that profitable. IOW, buyer's remorse, after really looking at the numbers. I know Bloomberg is paywalled, but they allow a certain number of free views...

Bloomberg

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH and 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Turns out the problem really isn't bots. Bloomberg breaks down the billion dollar annual burden on a company which hasn't historically been all that profitable. IOW, buyer's remorse, after really looking at the numbers. I know Bloomberg is paywalled, but they allow a certain number of free views...

Bloomberg
seems to me that there is a lot of stuff he should have figured out before running his mouth.

Reactions: UAH

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Twitter execs starting to talk tough. Now they're saying they'll sue for specific performance and make him go through with the deal. The problem is that the deal was contingent on financing, which will probably vanish at the first sign of litigation...

Reactions: 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Twitter execs starting to talk tough. Now they're saying they'll sue for specific performance and make him go through with the deal. The problem is that the deal was contingent on financing, which will probably vanish at the first sign of litigation...
seems like even billionaires are not immune to the adage, play stupid games, win stupid prizes

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I warned way back that he has a history of falling out of love with projects and bailing on them...
Even the richest man in the world is subject to cash flow issues. We saw that the Walton Family fortune dropped by $19 Billion yesterday. Tesla has declined apx. $300 in share price over the last year. I imagine that his accountants reminded him of how much cash he is spending on his various space projects, projected a significant ongoing cash flow impact to maintain and grow Twitter and he began to understand that he is indeed subject to the force of gravity!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
right on cue. the twitter debacle isn't his fault. it's those mean old democrats. another bored, wealthy troll

In the past I voted Democrat, because they were (mostly) the kindness party. But they have become the party of division & hate, so I can no longer support them and will vote Republican. Now, watch their dirty tricks campaign against me unfold …

• Haha
Reactions: Jon and TexasBama

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Which, even after yesterday’s rout, is still selling at a 94 PE ratio. That is not sustainable in any universe.
I have been watching P/E's on these high flying "growth" companies vs those of an entire group of companies such as Intel, Ford, Honda, etc. Ford for example has a P/E of 4.47, Honda 7.86. It is difficult to comprehend what the market has done with rosy growth projections and basically 0 interest rates. There isn't anything but air holding up some of the big names. Over the last few weeks money has been flowing into dividend payers like PM which is up around $25 in a an otherwise terrible market.

Reactions: TexasBama

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Which, even after yesterday’s rout, is still selling at a 94 PE ratio. That is not sustainable in any universe.
And yet that over-valued stock is largely what he's putting up as collateral for the loan to buy Twitter. He should be looking over his shoulder at the legacy manufacturers who are catching up...

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Reactions: TIDE-HSV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.