Coach Saban goes off on programs buying players (A&M, Jackson State, and Miami mentioned)

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Alabama has no billionaires (neither does MS).
Texas has 48. Florida has 44.

Alabama has about 95,000 households that can be considered millionaires.
Texas has 650,000. Florida has 500,000.

If it's a spending race then Alabama is in trouble. A billionaire could spend 1/10th of 1% of a $billion and that would be enough to give each recruit $40,000. That's pocket change.
So what you are saying is unless something changes there will be a resurgence in Gainesville?

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
So basically, Jimbob used his presser to attack Coach Saban personally and said nothing to refute anything Coach said about how A&M got their players and their use of NIL. Jimbob is a clown and the one who is a narcissist.
And, Jimbo basically made himself look bad………they were bragging about it after getting that class, but Bimbo is too dumb to remember

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Alabama has no billionaires (neither does MS).
Texas has 48. Florida has 44.

Alabama has about 95,000 households that can be considered millionaires.
Texas has 650,000. Florida has 500,000.

If it's a spending race then Alabama is in trouble. A billionaire could spend 1/10th of 1% of a $billion and that would be enough to give each recruit $40,000. That's pocket change.
These kids aren’t gonna be given billions of dollars right out J.R from Dallas’s pocket. It really wouldn’t surprised if regulation for this stuff is on its way.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Regardless if Saban "made a mistake" or not in calling aTm out, there is a part of me that absolutely loves it. Sometimes it is fun to walk over to a fire ant bed and kick the top off and watch'em scramble. Maybe Saban was bored or someone didn't refill his Little Debbie oatmeal pie stash. :ROFLMAO:
I feel like he knows this team is about to go scorched earth on everybody and he’s just preparing the masses, maybe he wants this team to embrace being the villains (in a way that won’t affect their on field performance). It’s like he said “I’m gonna give y’all a reason to hate me in 2022.”

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
These kids getting piles of cash in all of this and there needs to be some rails put on it. Congress gets involved and there’s going to be heavy taxation on it, something they are not going to like.

Reactions: UAH and RTR2u

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I feel like he knows this team is about to go scorched earth on everybody and he’s just preparing the masses, maybe he wants this team to embrace being the villains (in a way that won’t affect their on field performance). It’s like he said “I’m gonna give y’all a reason to hate me in 2022.”
I would not mind that at all. I also would not mind him doing to A&M what he did to LSU in 2020, except don't let up on the gas.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
So what you are saying is unless something changes there will be a resurgence in Gainesville?
Well, Miami paid a Kansas State player $800,000 to transfer in. It was paid for by Florida billionaire John H Ruiz. He admitted it. Saban mentioned $400,000 but it was double that.

If teams in Florida can harness their alumni and boosters then they have a chance to regain the powerhouse status they once had.

• Thank You
Reactions: TideEngineer08

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
These kids aren’t gonna be given billions of dollars right out J.R from Dallas’s pocket. It really wouldn’t surprised if regulation for this stuff is on its way.
It's already happening. Not billions to one guy of course, but there are guys who are getting 6 figures before ever putting on a jersey for their school. This is well documented.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
It's already happening. Not billions to one guy of course, but there are guys who are getting 6 figures before ever putting on a jersey for their school. This is well documented.
Yeah and it’s stupid and could very easily backfire horribly. Your gonna put that kind of money on an 18 year old who you have no certainty is gonna perform well at any level other than high school??If throwing money at a situation was all there was to building a championship program. Texas would have been a powerhouse years ago.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The more I've thought about it, the more I'm glad he decided to kick this hornet's nest. Why do we care what everyone else thinks? They already hate Alabama.

It's a problem that needs to be fixed. They can spout off all they want to about the SEC's cheating, and us in particular with Albert Means and all of their insinuations. But lest we forget, only one conference folded in large part because of the cheating of its members, 90% of which resided in one state, one of which was the only team to ever actually receive the ncaa death penalty.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Also how many times have we talked about meddling boosters who think they know better than the coach or program. That problem may be more prevalent than ever with NIL.

Reactions: bamamc1

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
The more I've thought about it, the more I'm glad he decided to kick this hornet's nest. Why do we care what everyone else thinks? They already hate Alabama.

It's a problem that needs to be fixed. They can spout off all they want to about the SEC's cheating, and us in particular with Albert Means and all of their insinuations. But lest we forget, only one conference folded in large part because of the cheating of its members, 90% of which resided in one state, one of which was the only team to ever actually receive the ncaa death penalty.
Yep good ole Albert means. A dude paid a lot of money to have never played a down anywhere.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.