Coach Saban goes off on programs buying players (A&M, Jackson State, and Miami mentioned)

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Part of the reason Saban may be dropping this media bomb is that if recruiting turns into an arms race of money, we will severely lose to aTm and the Longhorns and it won't ever be close, ever.

Notre Dame will also begin its ascension back up the pecking order as well. The amount of money they have is SIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!
I guess Harvard and Yale are on their way back to championship contention, too.

• Haha
Reactions: bvandegraff

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I’m not sure why Saban would feel like he needed to call Jimboo or Prime either one. Did the call Prime took improve the way he felt about Saban saying what he did?

Jimbo knew he was going to take it beyond eleven at his presser so he was too timid to speak with Saban beforehand.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Part of the reason Saban may be dropping this media bomb is that if recruiting turns into an arms race of money, we will severely lose to aTm and the Longhorns and it won't ever be close, ever.

Notre Dame will also begin its ascension back up the pecking order as well. The amount of money they have is SIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!
You make a valid point..If it's coming down too boosters buying players, we will adjust & get down n dirty with the rest of college football, we have some deep pockets too that will keep us atop the football world or competing at the top..

Thankfully there's a limit too every recruiting class as the number of recruits each class can bring in..

It's a different college football world we're living in & I hope all this doesn't kill the sport..

College football has crossed that line where there's no coming back..

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I don't give rip about how CNS directs the spotlight but he, and only he, is the one NCAA Coach that can speak and EVERYONE listens. There's a method to the madness, always.

Did he state the Bimbo cheated? No but buying players within the rules is not only possible but probable.

Did he state that Prime cheated? No but a top tier D-1 player at Jackson State certainly yells LOOK AT ME!

This willy nilly NIL garbage is quickly killing the ONLY sport I'm passionate about and I absolutely agree with CNS's approach.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
He's an absolute coward.

I just remembered the little stunt he pulled a few years ago in Bryant-Denny, calling timeouts as the clock was winding down in a blowout loss so his starters could put up a score on our 3rd team defense.
Oh, their fans are already crowing about Saban is just mad they can “recruit” better than Bama……. Take the oil money away and lets see how he does

Reactions: TideEngineer08

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.