Coach Saban goes off on programs buying players (A&M, Jackson State, and Miami mentioned)

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Listen at 10:05 mark. Jimbo starts to say, wrt the money involved, that "it was all independent" but stops at "it was all indepe..." Basically, admitting what CNS said and catching himself not quite in time. As the old trial lawyer saying goes:

If you have the facts on your side, argue the facts.
If you have the law on your side, argue the law.
If you have neither the facts nor the law on your side, tarnish your opponent.

QED, Jimbo...
As has been mentioned, Jimbo was there when the rape coverup occurred so that tells you all you need to know about him.

That aside, everyone knows Texas A&M was buying players. Jimbo obviously knows to which makes his reaction so silly.

Reactions: REDSEA

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Now the A&M fans have said that Jimbo has repeatedly called for the govt to intervene so it doesn’t become a money race……….and that he doesn’t need to know how the collectives operate , just that they are doing it the right way, as his AD has assured him……remind me who the AD is again? And isn’t not knowing what’s going on called LOIC?

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Complete with the trembling voice.
The delivery of the messages were so stark, Saban calm cool and collected speaking facts, and then Jimbo loosing his dang mind like that. What does it take to break you? Nick Saban triggered the fire out of Jimbo and found his breaking point.

I also noticed the Talking Heads on ESPN's First Take that took Coach Saban's comments and made them out to be an attack on HBCUs. I thought that was a really trashy Take.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
OH and another thing I'm sure some of you guys noticed this too. That comment Coach Saban made, was literally a WARNING and NOTICE to College Football world. If these teams are going to operate this way, SO are WE. That's all he was saying, and so of course Jimbo Fisher is going to cry like a baby, because the GOAT is quite literally laying blame on Jim for Alabama to start paying players with their Collective. Basically, If you don't want Coach Saban recruiting with both accolades and money, then fix the system. However, if this is the way we want things to go now, then we're going to have to join in.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The delivery of the messages were so stark, Saban calm cool and collected speaking facts, and then Jimbo loosing his dang mind like that. What does it take to break you? Nick Saban triggered the fire out of Jimbo and found his breaking point.

I also noticed the Talking Heads on ESPN's First Take that took Coach Saban's comments and made them out to be an attack on HBCUs. I thought that was a really trashy Take.
The fact that they are upset about the Jax St comment tells me everything we need to know. They think Coach is injured and they are going for the kill.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Sadly your last paragraph is an issue with society at large. To take his comment on Jackson State as anything racial is a reach so far as to break one’s arm off and cast it into the ocean.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I would add that the news on Addison going to USC is broke recently. Now we all knew that was likely, but we also knew he was reportedly offered 1 million to go to USC. Alabama was in play, he was working out with Bryce, following Alabama players, etc... so I'm sure Saban was aware of and following the situation. The idea of that guy being out of reach due to NIL might have given him some motivation to speak up.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I would add that the news on Addison going to USC is broke recently. Now we all knew that was likely, but we also knew he was reportedly offered 1 million to go to USC. Alabama was in play, he was working out with Bryce, following Alabama players, etc... so I'm sure Saban was aware of and following the situation. The idea of that guy being out of reach due to NIL might have given him some motivation to speak up.
That’s a very good point. Some may see it as “get off my lawn” sour grapes but Saban doesn’t want the game to become the NFL Lite. It might be too late.

Reactions: teamplayer

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Actually, this whole situation is progressing pretty well. Saban has apologized and the commissioner has done his duty with the reprimands. We should actually thank Jimbo for turning that into multiple public reprimands. If it wasn't two coaches getting spanked it might have been worse for us. Frankly, I was concerned about where this could go.

Over the next few days you'll start seeing articles talking about how Saban is right about this and that something must be done. Within two weeks the sentiment will be almost universal that CNS actually performed a public service. We're entering the second recruiting cycle and not one single thing has been done to fix NIL.

Fisher will probably be carrying Saban's clipboard at the SEC meetings.

Reactions: The Ols and Con

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.