Coach Saban goes off on programs buying players (A&M, Jackson State, and Miami mentioned)

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Not really!

If any other coach had come out with that, it wouldn't attract near the attention as it does now.

Now that he has brought it out front and center and created discussion, it is much easier for other coaches to simply agree and say he is right. BTW, his timing is absolutely perfect. This is the slowest time of the year (news-wise) and is getting far more play than it would at any other time of the year.

At any rate, it's now out there about how the coaches view it as a problem that needs to be addressed (sooner rather than later)...:cool:
Saban seems to think it was a mistake to be specific as well so 🤷‍♂️

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
And what will a coach (especially a doofus like Jimbo) do when a preferred walk-on clearly beats out a big-money freshman for a starting DB spot? You don't think the coach will suddenly be under pressure from the boosters to play the kid they bought, especially when that kid threatens to transfer? and when the scorned walk-on goes public with how he lost his starting spot because the coach caved to the boosters? I'm not sure some of these collectives will get their money's worth...
Well, if the boosters are that involved with how the coach runs his team, that's a problem that I am glad that we don't have at the moment... :cool:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
What Coach Saban said needed to be said, loudly, so everyone can hear. However, it does seem like with the specific allegations he's opened himself up to criticism, or much worse. I could see:
1. Saban gets fired
2. Saban and/or the university is forced to issue a public apology
3. Saban gets sanctioned/suspended by the conference
4. Bama gets sanctioned by the conference
5. Saban is asked to retire in lieu of any of the above
6. Saban and/or the university gets sued for defamation

On the plus side, if nothing on the above list happens, we'll know he was spot on and that all of the mentioned schools are fully aware he was spot on. At that point, we wait for the NCAA to start doing their jobs. If what we've heard is true, T&AM, UTK, Miami, Jackson state and USC would be great places for the NCAA to start setting an example that schools won't soon forget.
The NCAA doesn't have jurisdiction over the NIL Collectives. By rule, the Collectives are not a part of (whichever) University... :unsure:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Another warning from Nick Saban: “I don't want to go down that road of bidding for players out of high school. I don't … but if we go through this recruiting class this year and we lose all the players, because they're making $100k going someplace else, then what can you do?”

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.