Photo thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
A few pics from my beach ride yesterday.....these bright orange kites caught my eye.....the octopus one is very cool!

IMG_4731.JPGIMG_4735.JPG

Check out how bright those 2 kites are from a distance!
IMG_4738.JPG

This is inside the rocks of the south jetty. It's a nice beach and has some decent surf too under the right conditions. It's also where dogs are allowed - which is where it gets it's name "Dog Beach".
IMG_4741.JPG

I caught the dog on the left in a yawn...lol.....
IMG_4742.JPG

Went back through the park. They have a path for cyclists.
IMG_4749.JPG

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Killer Dana was a legendary surf break that existed right where the Dana Point Harbor is now located. The waves themselves were able to hold size and the break had a hard time maxing out. Locals would head down to Killer Dana seeking out amazing views and were greeted with crystal clear water, an abundance of wild life and waves! Early surfers such as Billy Hamilton, Bruce Brown and Hobie Alter created the scene that inevitably started the surf craze in Dana Point. Construction began on the Dana point Harbor in the late 1960’s, with the building of the rock jetties that served as breakwaters. In the end, the wave was destroyed and all the memories were lost as well.

Dana Point.jpg

Reactions: UAH and Toddrn

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Momma robin huggin' the nest on the floodlights just outside my garage door.
View attachment 25015
Another fantastic pic....thanks @T Bone !

In case it's of interest, there's a migration dashboard that has a lot of information on it that can be accessed for your specific area:

Migration Dashboard

The new BirdCast Migration Dashboard provides summaries of radar-based measurements of nocturnal bird migration, including estimates of the total number of birds migrating, their directions, speeds, and altitudes. This tool depicts migration patterns in near real time or as a summary of a whole night after nocturnal periods end (2021-present); this includes additional historical information (2013-2021) as well as previous nights’ movements. Note that the dashboard currently provides data for counties and states in the contiguous US, complementing our existing forecast and live migration maps but allowing you to explore nocturnal bird migration in ways that were previously impossible. As your explorations begin, discovering interesting, new and previously unknown patterns will be, perhaps, the most exciting aspects of the new tool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.