Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It’s official. 11am.

I’m reminded of the line from King Xerxes in the movie documentary, 300, when he told the Greek army that his arrows would be so numerous they would block out the Sun. The Greek soldier’s response was “then we shall fight in the shade.”

Ok, Texas. You want to play on the surface of the sun? Then we shall kick your ass on the surface of the sun.

Reactions: Con

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
To be fair, Bama always schedules their cupcake non-conference games in the 11am slot 😆
come on roll tide, we know texas is better than kent st., not much but a little. We are gonna kill these little munchkins, sorry Sark, but hey, the money is nice, isn't it.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I’m reminded of the line from King Xerxes in the movie documentary, 300, when he told the Greek army that his arrows would be so numerous they would block out the Sun. The Greek soldier’s response was “then we shall fight in the shade.”

Ok, Texas. You want to play on the surface of the sun? Then we shall kick your ass on the surface of the sun.
Point of order, his emissary said it, not Xerses.

C2Ag93

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 25, 2021
Hate to tell you, this ain't over yet... Next, the 'sips will start a petition claiming that ESPN College Gameday should be there. Because... They're.... Texas.... Haha..

11 AM kick is all the more reason for you all to make the trip this way. Easy game at 11 AM (hot though), leaving the afternoon to go check out dining establishments and then maybe watch more college football on the Riverwalk in San Antonio or an evening at Gruene Hall. I've never done it during college football season, but perhaps the Grist Mill restaurant next to Gruene will be showing college football, or maybe there's a sports bar along the drag in Gruene (google and contact them to be sure), if you're really wanting to make a day of watching college football.

It should be hot enough go toobing down the Comal or Guadalupe Rivers near New Braunfels. If you fly in early Friday, you could stay in New Braunfels and do that Friday. Or, if you're looking to stay in San Antonio near the River Walk, you could go straight to the river to toob Friday ending the day in San Antonio. Then drive over to Austin for the game and back.

Lots of possibilities to do more around Austin / Gruene-New Braunfels / San Antonio with an 11 AM kick.

C2Ag93

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 25, 2021
PS - I'm just now realizing you guys will make our game day fun that day! lol. We play Appalachian State at 2:30, so need something to spice up tailgating scene leading up to our game. I can already imagine most tailgates around Kyle Field will have the game on with Aggies yelling with glee at each Bama score. The Corps March In will be going by at half time or start of 3rd quarter of your game... should be a fun scene. :cool:

Reactions: dtgreg

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
We have some tough road games this year, but there’s no way Texas will be the toughest one. I still don’t understand the graphic, it doesn’t make any sense having Texas that low of a percentage.
Actually it does.

They figure we might be looking ahead of Texas out of fear of the next week against ULM, who once beat us ya know…….😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.