Tuscaloosa Regional

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I enjoy Bama softball second only to football. To my untrained eye, Goodnight and Bloodworth both look like future stars.
They are and will probably put Georgia and Arkansas at the top of the pack of the SEC.

. And Lexi is obviously a star. .
Her issues are more at the training staff not keeping her healthy and playing second fiddle behind Montana from what I gather. Expect her at Arkansas or Florida or a Florida based school.

For a storied softball program like Alabama to lose them makes no sense.
It’s 60% locker room and 40% lack of a hitting philosophy that makes hitters better.

... but our coaching staff needs to get it fixed immediately.
I don’t think Murphy can. We are probably looking at going to someone’s regional next year or being a bottom 8 host. People are actively using Murph’s micromanagement of the team and archaic hitting strategy against him in recruiting. People are now starting to choose MSU, Arkansas, UGA, and Auburn over Alabama. This isn’t just one bad year… this is a sign of where the program is for the next 3-4 years.

Reactions: Comin2yourCity

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Everyone needs to realize how bad the SEC was this year and how it was ours for the taking. All three of these teams playing the SEC teams we either took to the woodshed and/or shut out. We still found a way to lose 8 games in a mediocre conference.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
So Florida is the SEC's last hope for OKC. Which they are likely to lose Game 3.

The SEC was the most overrated conference this year and most teams hosted because of name recognition and not because of their body of work.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
So Florida is the SEC's last hope for OKC. Which they are likely to lose Game 3.

The SEC was the most overrated conference this year and most teams hosted because of name recognition and not because of their body of work.
No argument there, proof is in the pudding. I don't think anyone stands a shot beating the Sooners anyway. So it's not like the SEC had a shot at the title. If Bama would have kept playing at the end of the season the way they started out then I think they definitely would have made it to OKC but I still doubt we could have taken two of three from the Sooners. Obviously we won't ever know because Bama definitely had problems as has been discussed.

Reactions: 81usaf92

Comin2yourCity

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 14, 2012
I don’t think Murphy can. We are probably looking at going to someone’s regional next year or being a bottom 8 host. People are actively using Murph’s micromanagement of the team and archaic hitting strategy against him in recruiting. People are now starting to choose MSU, Arkansas, UGA, and Auburn over Alabama. This isn’t just one bad year… this is a sign of where the program is for the next 3-4 years.
You are exactly right and THIS is what should concern fans the most! The program is NOT headed up.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
No argument there, proof is in the pudding. I don't think anyone stands a shot beating the Sooners anyway. So it's not like the SEC had a shot at the title. If Bama would have kept playing at the end of the season the way they started out then I think they definitely would have made it to OKC but I still doubt we could have taken two of three from the Sooners. Obviously we won't ever know because Bama definitely had problems as has been discussed.
Honestly they should call off the WCWS and have a best of 7 between Oklahoma and Oklahoma St at this point. Noone really stands a chance over those two.

Alabama was the most talented team in the SEC, and still managed to lose 8 games. Arkansas really took advantage of a more favorable schedule, and better team chemistry to win the SEC. Alabama was too busy fighting themselves and not progressing as hitters in the year. Alabama has one advantage over every non SEC team and that is Montana, but that doesnt mean much when you cant hit and half the team is in full rebellion for the last month of the season.

This team could have been very special with a very weak SEC and a lot of good pieces in place for a deep run... Sadly we may look at this team as the one that brought Alabama back down to what it was in the early 2000's

RollTide-YNWA

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 27, 2009
Dothan
Honestly they should call off the WCWS and have a best of 7 between Oklahoma and Oklahoma St at this point. Noone really stands a chance over those two.

Alabama was the most talented team in the SEC, and still managed to lose 8 games. Arkansas really took advantage of a more favorable schedule, and better team chemistry to win the SEC. Alabama was too busy fighting themselves and not progressing as hitters in the year. Alabama has one advantage over every non SEC team and that is Montana, but that doesnt mean much when you cant hit and half the team is in full rebellion for the last month of the season.

This team could have been very special with a very weak SEC and a lot of good pieces in place for a deep run... Sadly we may look at this team as the one that brought Alabama back down to what it was in the early 2000's
I really enjoy reading your posts. Out of curiosity: You're Byrne for the day ... What changes do you make for next year and, if the answer is "None yet," if the downward spiral continues, how long is it before changes are forced?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I really enjoy reading your posts. Out of curiosity: You're Byrne for the day ... What changes do you make for next year and, if the answer is "None yet," if the downward spiral continues, how long is it before changes are forced?
The honest answer… Convince Murphy to retire and take an administrative role within the athletic department. Then hire someone that is fun to play with that would be both committed to dominate pitching and the Oklahoma style of hitting.

Since I know that isn’t going to happen… hire someone like Sydney Romero as a paid hitting coach and tell Murphy to back off as the hitting czar.

At this point it is adapt or die as a program. We have chose a slow painful death for the last 6 years.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
A quick "Thank you!!" to 81usa for your input and comments! Hopefully Coach Murphy will find renewal and recommitment to what it takes to return Alabama to greatness. After all, Coach Bryant did!
Im hopeful but not really optimistic. There could be an opening coming up on staff in the off-season and how he addresses it will be very telling of what we do next year.

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
The honest answer… Convince Murphy to retire and take an administrative role within the athletic department. Then hire someone that is fun to play with that would be both committed to dominate pitching and the Oklahoma style of hitting.

Since I know that isn’t going to happen… hire someone like Sydney Romero as a paid hitting coach and tell Murphy to back off as the hitting czar.

At this point it is adapt or die as a program. We have chose a slow painful death for the last 6 years.
If KB makes a video from the past viewable by all. Look for a complete overhaul of the coaching staff. If Stephanie moves on, you have to hire a pitching coach to replace her. He will not fire Aly and I don't look for to leave on her own. The only answer for a hitting is a volunteer coach. If he is willing to let his ego go. That coach can make money in a lot of different ways.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If KB makes a video from the past viewable by all. Look for a complete overhaul of the coaching staff.
Well if anyone decides not to take KB’s more subtle route in addressing the crap that Murphy allows and is a part of in the locker room and outside of it t and decides to tweet it then Murphy is DONE. He really backed the wrong horse and it costed him his kingdom. Sides has come very close to revealing the crap that went on and I’m not sure the others who have left will be as vague about it. It’s why I think an immediate change is necessary before it sets us back further when it actually comes out.

. If Stephanie moves on, you have to hire a pitching coach to replace her.
Unless someone big comes calling or Murphy completely loses his mind I don’t see that happening.

. He will not fire Aly and I don't look for to leave on her own.
She could potentially leave on her own. But no he won’t fire her.

The only answer for a hitting is a volunteer coach. If he is willing to let his ego go. That coach can make money in a lot of different ways.
That’s the #1 problem with hiring anyone without official pay. Is he ever going to lay off?

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
Well if anyone decides not to take KB’s more subtle route in addressing the crap that Murphy allows and is a part of in the locker room and outside of it t and decides to tweet it then Murphy is DONE. He really backed the wrong horse and it costed him his kingdom. Sides has come very close to revealing the crap that went on and I’m not sure the others who have left will be as vague about it. It’s why I think an immediate change is necessary before it sets us back further when it actually comes out.

Unless someone big comes calling or Murphy completely loses his mind I don’t see that happening.

She could potentially leave on her own. But no he won’t fire her.

That’s the #1 problem with hiring anyone without official pay. Is he ever going to lay off?
Troy

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
There has been a lot of vague statements written. I would like to know since I like Krymsonman are on the outside, what all these references to KB and the locker room are specifically?

HSV_1969

Scout Team
Feb 28, 2011
There has been a lot of vague statements written. I would like to know since I like Krymsonman are on the outside, what all these references to KB and the locker room are specifically?
I agree. Some statements made include:

If KB makes a video from the past viewable by all. Look for a complete overhaul of the coaching staff.
If there are things going on within the program that would require a complete overhaul of the coaching staff, that should come out now and be dealt with. Keeping something of that magnitude hidden will only cause further issues in the future, and the truth will eventually come out. So, I say if there are issues that need to be made public, do it now and get it dealt with so that the program can move forward.

Reactions: BamaHoHo

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.