Bama vs Utex

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Hate to tell you, this ain't over yet... Next, the 'sips will start a petition claiming that ESPN College Gameday should be there. Because... They're.... Texas.... Haha..
They won't need a petition.
That's so obviously the site for Game Day that day that Lee Corso has a reservation at the nearby brothel.

Lots of possibilities to do more around Austin / Gruene-New Braunfels / San Antonio with an 11 AM kick.
I guess for those folks who never lived in TX that might be exciting.

For those of us who have, it's kinda ho-hum.

But you're right.

Reactions: dtgreg

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I don't think the words "Beth Mowins" and "Fox" have ever been used in the same sentence in any context. That said, I might prefer her to the guys we're likely to get on that broadcast...
It wasn't meant to be taken literally buddy, the rumor was just in a mid afternoon nightmare daydream while i was babysitting my grandson. I'm still shaking. As far as your preference for broadcasters, you're a better man than i gunga din.

Last edited:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
So, my four year old loves everything sports and mascots. He’s even started collecting hats. Last week we were watching a replay of TAMU & UT baseball game for a few min. He had not seen Texas before and asked, “Why is their mascot a yak? So they are the Texas Yaks?” He only saw the burnt orange picture with the while longhorn on it. I corrected him but this has to go viral. Better yet it needs to become board policy to henceforth call them the Texas Yaks! 😆

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Keilan Robinson (the guy that couldn’t crack the rotation at Bama) went on a Twitter Spaces and said

“knowing what I know, knowing what I see everyday, being here and being there, I know we can beat them boys, if we do what we do we can kick their [behinds]”

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Haha sorry Colby, thought I saw y'all using it on some threads. We use "tu". But didn't want to use it since you all may not know the context. Longhorn fans will say it's because we are juvenile. The reality is it is, yet again, a long-standing tradition that started out innocuous. It riles them up, so of course we continue to use it. But back in the early 1900s through (from memory) around the 1940s, even they used "Texas University" on their own sports programs. It was just common practice in those days for the large state school to use "State Name" University. What does Oklahoma use? "OU", even though the official name is the University of Oklahoma at Norman. True, we lower case it when writing it. But flipping it actually has a history unrelated to our rivalry. They just think for some reason we pulled it out of thin air like some sibling may. It's quite comical.

For a couple of you posting you're still thinking of going, honestly, go. I think you guys will enjoy it for the most part. Simply being a new venue and Austin's bar and music scene can be fun. It is more urban, than a "college town." But still a setting that's worth experiencing at least once.

Personally, I probably will never go back to watch a game in Austin (not to sound like I'm double-speaking), even if I think we would crush them. We just get the crap treatment, so I've had enough of it. Slashed tires... food being tossed over into the Aggie section, etc. But I'm fairly confident you all won't experience that.

We never had a rivalry with OU, just another game on our schedule. Went to Norman once and enjoyed it, and we played them our first year in the SEC in the Cotton Bowl, so I recommend Norman without hesitation about their fans.
I have cousins who attended TAMU and UT.
I went to an A&M Bonfire. It was an experience. Great folks.
I have always called Texas UT, cause Tennessee don't like it.
By the time UT comes to Alabama, I'm sure some of the civility will have rubbed thin.
My expectations are UT ,TAMU, and OU. will all play their best games when they play Alabama.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Keilan Robinson (the guy that couldn’t crack the rotation at Bama) went on a Twitter Spaces and said

“knowing what I know, knowing what I see everyday, being here and being there, I know we can beat them boys, if we do what we do we can kick their [behinds]”
I am sure he felt that way about Kansas also.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
So, my four year old loves everything sports and mascots. He’s even started collecting hats. Last week we were watching a replay of TAMU & UT baseball game for a few min. He had not seen Texas before and asked, “Why is their mascot a yak? So they are the Texas Yaks?” He only saw the burnt orange picture with the while longhorn on it. I corrected him but this has to go viral. Better yet it needs to become board policy to henceforth call them the Texas Yaks! 😆
Second that policy and move that their embattled cry of "Yak'em, Yaks" be duly incorporated into their illusory lexicon.

And of course, replacing "The Eyes" as lightning rod for controversy with the requisite fight song

Last edited:
Reactions: rolltide_21

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.