Link: Brett surfaces again...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
there is an article linked within that article that does but it is one we saw from back when he was nominated.

My wife actually brought this to me a few months ago, she is a big true crime podcast nut. She was listening to them and then found some info on reddit and was like "hey isn't this the guy..." Now she is one of those that loves to point out who Brett and the cohost are on truecrime facebook pages etc when people ask about this podcast. I am very proud of her :)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The article had a link to another story where they outed him with a link to a thread where he was defending Nathan Forrest. But Brett’s posts were missing. Did his entire account get nuked here, along with his posts?

Not familiar with the podcast. But as long as it doesn’t get political, I wouldn’t stop listening just because the hosts were big Trumpies.

Got a chuckle from this passage.

“If you don’t want to attach your name to it, there’s a reason why,” Mary, who asked not to use her last name for fear of online backlash, recalled thinking. “Let’s just see about this dude.”

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The article had a link to another story where they outed him with a link to a thread where he was defending Nathan Forrest. But Brett’s posts were missing. Did his entire account get nuked here, along with his posts?

Not familiar with the podcast. But as long as it doesn’t get political, I wouldn’t stop listening just because the hosts were big Trumpies.

“If you don’t want to attach your name to it, there’s a reason why,” Mary, who asked not to use her last name for fear of online backlash, recalled thinking. “Let’s just see about this dude.”
Yes, if an account is deleted, the person's posts disappear simultaneously. I didn't do it. I presume it was probably at his request...

• Thank You
Reactions: Crimson1967

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I believe it was Slate magazine that was quoting posts from Tidefans. That was so strange for his posting history to come back to bite him.
I don’t remember taking any positions here myself that might cost me a chance at a job but I could be wrong.

Reactions: 92tide

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

yeah, he defended the Klan on his blog and here. I don't care that he is a trumper, I do that he is a racist garbage human. I also applaud the anonymous tidefans poster that outed him to slate and would never listen to his podcast as I make a point of not supporting terrible people

Reactions: 92tide

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Yeah, I was howling at that part, too.

I take the Colin Cowherd approach.
The guy who runs Snickers might be a jerk. So what? I just like the candy bar.

That being said, I can completely understand why given some of what he said here why someone would go nuclear, too.

He lost me when he suggested that although OJ did kill those two, he thought the cops had “sweetened the case” by planting evidence. I’m thinking, “I’m neither a lawyer nor a cop, but that minuscule amount of EDTA didn’t come from a tube and might have come from oh PAINT!”

I met him and he was nice enough - he even told all of us here that the GOP Senate would love to take Ted Cruz on a Mafia boat ride (not how he said it). But he was also unqualified for the job, too. I still think it’s too bad Trump didn’t nominate the late Judge Wapner to a seat.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Our time on here intersected but I honestly don’t remember him. But if he is defending Forrest, I don’t have a problem with it being made public.

I’m not a public figure but I would be very hesitant revealing my real name on here.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
His experience with Trump makes him an expert on true crime.
The part that really puzzled (maybe it shouldn’t?) me the most was he claimed to be conservative and yet was for Trump almost out of the gate as IRC it. And Trump was the most “liberal” GOP candidate running to the point he had any ideological core (which he did not - his views changed by the hour).

Maybe the next book will be about an insurrection??????

One last thing…I met him at the MSU game played several days before the 2012 election. He was absolutely convinced (or so he said) Romney was going to win. The GOP myth of 2012 is “we were gonna win but Hurricane Sandy cost us the election,” which he espoused as well. Dick Morris said that, too.

I’m sorry but I never saw Romney was gonna win even in the most biased in the GOP favor polls. I never knew whether he was spouting political spin, delusions of grandeur, or a combo of both.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Lol. Nothing is ever nuked from the internet. I’m still proud of my Tidefans comrades for outing Brett. One of the best moments of my time on here.
It seems like there was some discussion that he had accidentally posted enough personal bio info that it was possible to figure out what his name was. At the time, I wondered if if was someone from here that tipped off Slate or if they got on to him some other way.

Perhaps a Tidefans member realized he had basically outed himself and just brought Slate’s attention to it.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It seems like there was some discussion that he had accidentally posted enough personal bio info that it was possible to figure out what his name was. At the time, I wondered if if was someone from here that tipped off Slate or if they got on to him some other way.

Perhaps a Tidefans member realized he had basically outed himself and just brought Slate’s attention to it.
I figure someone did - but so what?

Tbf - he had linked a few of his articles he wrote for CNN here so nobody had to “out” him. And while I would be a tad apprehensive about automatically trying to zing a guy - he WAS trying to be an impartial judge. That raises the bar significantly in my view. A Marion Barry-Mark Sanford-Donald Trump can be voted out but a judgeship is for life (I believe that’s the one to which he was being appointed). Clement Haynsworth was voted down for a SCOTUS seat and while YES, some of it was retaliation for Abe Fortas, the fact is he had some pro-segregationist rulings….and he was nominated in 1970, not 1870. And these weren’t the slippery slope arguments used on others, he had ruled that way.

So I never minded that a judge - who needs to be as above reproach as a priest should be (I said should be) - lost out because of his online writings and oh yeah, his utter lack of experience.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
One last thing…I met him at the MSU game played several days before the 2012 election. He was absolutely convinced (or so he said) Romney was going to win. The GOP myth of 2012 is “we were gonna win but Hurricane Sandy cost us the election,” which he espoused as well. Dick Morris said that, too.

I’m sorry but I never saw Romney was gonna win even in the most biased in the GOP favor polls. I never knew whether he was spouting political spin, delusions of grandeur, or a combo of both.
He worked for the Romney campaign--IIRC he was a speechwriter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.