Price of gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I would never buy a used car that was once a rental. FYI, Carmax buys cars from Enterprise.
My current vehicle started out as a fleet vehicle. Low mileage, and they tend to be well maintained.

And as Earle noted, Carmax...their initial selling point was the no haggle price, but these days no one haggles --you don't like the price, they'll just sell it to someone else.

Reactions: seebell

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
A couple of suggestions to save a few cents at the pump that I used yesterday:
Bought Shell on Thursday which has a 5 cent discount on all grades.
Used my T-Mobile Tuesdays discount of 10 cents per gallon
Charged it on my Discover card which currently gives a 5% casback on all gas purchases (Apr thru June) which amounted to about 25 cents per gallon.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
The US average for the price of a gallon of regular gas hit $4.99 according to the most recent reading from AAA Friday. It marked the 14th straight day, and the 31st time in the last 32 that gas has set a record in America. Gas prices have climbed 39 cents, or 8%, just in the two weeks since the start of the Memorial Day weekend kicked off the traditional summer driving season.

For much of the country, $5 gas is already here.

There are now 20 states plus Washington, DC, with averages of $5 or above. The highest priced state remains California, with a state average of $6.42 a gallon. As of Thursday, 31% of the nation's 130,000 gas stations were already selling gas for more than $5 a gallon.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Wasn't there already a gas gouging law? I seem to remember this same crap happening during W's term.
georgia has one, but it has to be part of a declared emergency to take effect

/Without the imposition of a declared state of emergency and the specific designation of gasoline as an affected commodity, high prices alone do not meet the law’s definition of price gouging.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
This is a great article for anyone who wants to be an informed consumer and voter who makes rational decisions about the future.

https://novelscience.substack.com/p...hep7aHvBwgFHldgw4MZUrb28Fkpk31kBOuvBNcTPUibOI
Just what I thought. It's not a supply problem, it's not the war, numbers are comparable to other historical highs but the cost are suddenly much higher now then those historical highs. The reason we are paying so much is greedy companies not wanting to cut net profits, which according to this article are up 49% for most oil companies. Price gouging, which is suppose to be illegal. This is what happens when big oil owns our government.

It sucks to wish for a recession, because that isn't good for any of us but, when more and more economists say that the only way we see relief from high gas prices and inflation is through a recession, can we just get it started now.

• Thank You
Reactions: NationalTitles18

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This might help someone......especially checking your tire pressure........

Most vehicles these days are equipped with pressure sensors. I have a super slow leak in my right front and, when the temperature drops, I can depend on the warning light coming on. I'm about to replace the tires, so I haven't bothered getting it fixed. A leak that slow is very hard to find, anyway...

Reactions: Bazza
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.