2023 Recruiting: 2023 Recruiting Targets

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
As a group in 1 state?...They are,or nipping ,at the top of the list.And yes it would be huge to grab all 4. And why wouldnt they,besides the dreaded $$$$$$$$$$$$$.....And all 4 of them probably have enough ability to make plenty of that green stuff some day down the road.
No way to know whether or not, with any of these kids, it boils down to simply " SHOW ME THE MONEY !! ". Hopefully, some if not all have been/are Alabama fans since childhood. Can`t hurt!

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
We are in good shape with Woods, if he could just talk his little buddy t-mitch to join him on the 8th, that would be great. And then on to Russaw and Smith. Those guys are as good a foursome as any state in the country.
We're in good shape with Mitchell. Long way to go especially with high profile kids, but the staff is on him .
Russaw will be a battle but nothing we haven't seen before.
Smith is a must get. I've said it before with him and Woods. 2 top 10 DL in our backyard is a priority!

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
We're in good shape with Mitchell. Long way to go especially with high profile kids, but the staff is on him .
Smith is a must get. I've said it before with him and Woods. 2 top 10 DL in our backyard is a priority!
Sanjo i rarely believe in this stuff, we've seen many and i mean many kids saying we are a pair and it doesn't happen and for good reasons.. Aren't smith and russaw both saying this? Are they a pair? Don't ask me why, i have no clue, but i think these guys might mean it.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Well looks like Bama could get a commit come next Monday from an in state kid.

Tim Watts predicts Bama. We shall see.
I think based on his recent OV and relationship with Wolford he will commit to us. Always like getting in-state kids.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Agreed on Smith. He is special for sure and we need more elite DT's.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Sanjo i rarely believe in this stuff, we've seen many and i mean many kids saying we are a pair and it doesn't happen and for good reasons.. Aren't smith and russaw both saying this? Are they a pair? Don't ask me why, i have no clue, but i think these guys might mean it.
Who really knows and I agree the pair playing in college scenario seems like a teenager's dream more and more.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Wilkin Formby,, can't get a read here on our interest, a local very good player,offer list is impressive, june 20 he talks, does he have a commitable offer? And if so do we get him? I think we take 4 OL this year, and there are some fantastic prospects in this years class. Does he fit? I think the OL recruiting class this year will be a numbers game.

Last edited:

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Dang, how many cb's are we taking this year? That would be 3 5 stars plus the 4 star kid from fla. I take it that the staff has ceded the phenix city kid, AJ Harris, the other 5 star cb in alabama to the bulldogs
Anyone know whether we were ever meaningfully in the running for AJ Harris?

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Most,in the know,have kind of realized that it is,and has been down to the Home team Hawkeyes and THE TIDE for the 2nd MOST elite OT(IMHO) in the 23 cycle Kaydyn Proctor.Somewhat unofficially official now...What are the chances we can reel him in?...He has a real decent chance to be big-time down the road

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Most,in the know,have kind of realized that it is,and has been down to the Home team Hawkeyes and THE TIDE for the 2nd MOST elite OT(IMHO) in the 23 cycle Kaydyn Proctor.Somewhat unofficially official now...What are the chances we can reel him in?...He has a real decent chance to be big-time down the road
I would say we have a good chance but going to be tough for him to leave the state. Here is an article interviewing him and his mother. Would be a great pick-up.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I would say we have a good chance but going to be tough for him to leave the state. Here is an article interviewing him and his mother. Would be a great pick-up.

This is the classic two-organ decision. Does he listen to his brain or his heart. Bama is the better business decision, but i never fault a kid for staying home. Both are good schools, no wrong answer here. His visit must have been great, i wonder who his host was.

Reactions: The Ols

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
This is the classic two-organ decision. Does he listen to his brain or his heart. Bama is the better business decision, but i never fault a kid for staying home. Both are good schools, no wrong answer here. His visit must have been great, i wonder who his host was.
The article says we have a lot of Jrs/Srs leaving? Who are they? The OTs(and Proctor is an OT) are young,as far as JC,Pritchett,Booker,and Tommy B. I guess any of those guys could slide inside.I look for Steen to stay for 2 yrs if things work out.But anyhow Kadyn would be a Big GET. As would Mauigoa.

Iowa has put some serious dudes in the NFL at tackle like Bulaga and Wirffs. But......There is a huge difference between The Tide and the Hawks offensively at every position(sans a Wirffs or a Sherff,or Linderbaum) And schemes,WRs,RBs,and especially QBs..Plus Alabama plays in a MUCH better conference against much better and athletic Interior Edge rushers, D-Linemen,LBs,and backend guys across the board than what is in the Big 10 west,or the league as a whole after you get rid of a few Edge guys(And there were some guys who could play this past season)..He can/would,and I would wager Big,win a ring in Tuscaloosa. Or 2. Wouldnt win one at Iowa if he played 100 years.As far as NIL?....Dont know what Hawkeye is paying.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
The article says we have a lot of Jrs/Srs leaving? Who are they? The OTs(and Proctor is an OT) are young,as far as JC,Pritchett,Booker,and Tommy B. I guess any of those guys could slide inside.I look for Steen to stay for 2 yrs if things work out.But anyhow Kadyn would be a Big GET. As would Mauigoa.

Iowa has put some serious dudes in the NFL at tackle like Bulaga and Wirffs. But......There is a huge difference between The Tide and the Hawks offensively at every position(sans a Wirffs or a Sherff,or Linderbaum) And schemes,WRs,RBs,and especially QBs..Plus Alabama plays in a MUCH better conference against much better and athletic Interior Edge rushers, D-Linemen,LBs,and backend guys across the board than what is in the Big 10 west,or the league as a whole after you get rid of a few Edge guys(And there were some guys who could play this past season)..He can/would,and I would wager Big,win a ring in Tuscaloosa. Or 2. Wouldnt win one at Iowa if he played 100 years.As far as NIL?....Dont know what Hawkeye is paying.
Great summary. I would say regarding Procter that if he lives up to his billing at the college level, he'll get drafted in the 1st round, Iowa is a great choice especially being the home state. BUT at Alabama he can still get drafted in the 1st round as our record has proven but also win a national championship. Its that simple.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: The Ols

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
  • Thank You
Reactions: TiderJack

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.