Future of the Program

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Auburn doesn't have the Hope scholly's either - and they've had success far beyond what we've had.
Exactly they are one win away from being in Omaha. And the way that is lookig right now I think any of the eight has a real shot. What is sad is Bama swept Ole Miss, took two of three from A&M and took 3 out of 4 games against Arkansas all teams in Omaha. But let losses to North Alabama, UAB (twice) and Ut Martin keep them out. I don't expect Omaha every season but I dont think it's unreasonable to expect at least regional appearances with consistency.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Davis Heller (5/31)
2022 Saw time in eight games with two starts in his second season in Tuscaloosa
Batted .200 (2-10) with a double, one RBI, a run and two walks
2021Suffered a season-ending injury in the Crimson Tide's final regular-season series
Earned playing time in 15 games with five starts prior to his injury
Batted .222 (6-27) with six runs and six walks on the season

Owen Diodati (5/30)
2022 Split time between the outfield and at designated hitter, playing in 49 games with 41 starts
Batted .242 (38-157) with seven doubles and eight home runs to go with 26 RBI and 27 runs
2021 Split time between the outfield and designated hitter, playing in 56 games with 55 starts
Batted .230 (46-200) with three doubles, a triple and 11 home runs
2020 Batted .309 (17-55) with three doubles, a triple and five home runs in his 17 games of action, including 14 starts

Graham Crawford (5/24)
Played in seven games as a reserve during his first season at UA

James Thies (5/23)
Did not see playing time in his first season at Alabama

Jacob Eddington (5/18)
2022 Suffered a season-ending injury during the fall and did not pitch during his sophomore campaign
2021 Appeared in 14 games with one start during his first season in Tuscaloosa
Wow.....I'd say that's a bit excessive. Is this a reflection on or mainly attributable to coaching/leadership or lack of player buy-in?

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
Alabama vs Final Four

OU - did not play
TAMU - 2-1 in reg season, 0-1 in sec tourney
Ole Miss - 3-0 in reg season
Arkansas - 2-1 in reg season, 1-0 in sec tourney

Overall 8-3.

Reactions: dtgreg

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Alabama vs Final Four

OU - did not play
TAMU - 2-1 in reg season, 0-1 in sec tourney
Ole Miss - 3-0 in reg season
Arkansas - 2-1 in reg season, 1-0 in sec tourney

Overall 8-3.
Makes you sick thinking about this. What woulda, shoulda, coulda..... Cant have bad losses when you are sitting right square on the bubble and Bama had to many of them.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
It's the 1-run losses that doomed us. If I recall correctly what I saw a week or so ago, A&M was 11-6 in those games while we were 7-12. If we could've turned half of those losses into wins, we'd have been firmly in the tournament and possibly in consideration for hosting a regional.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It's the 1-run losses that doomed us. If I recall correctly what I saw a week or so ago, A&M was 11-6 in those games while we were 7-12. If we could've turned half of those losses into wins, we'd have been firmly in the tournament and possibly in consideration for hosting a regional.
I really go back to the two games we lost at MSU. We had 2 outs in the 9th the first game and walk a guy to set up the tying run. I don’t care if that guy jacks it over the fence you don’t walk a guy to bring up the tying run that late in the ball game. Then we had near exact thing happen to us in game two.

Winning the week day games would have gotten us in and/or winning one more vs MSU. Ole Miss may look back and thank MSU for beating us two out of 3.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Miss State and then Ole Miss back to back is wild. First men’s team title for each of them.
Im happy for both. So much heartache of nearly getting there and failing for both. Now if Alabama and Arkansas could do it then it probably would complete the righting everyone’s dark histories in Omaha.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
I would like to know this as well. There are a lot of teams that are using nil to get upgrades. Bama just seems to be sitting tight. College athletics as we know it are over. The age of free agency is upon us. Spend or be buried.
Gators Soph Catcher incoming…

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Rise, dead thread, rise and return to the land of the living.

I am resurrecting this thread because there is a young man on MLB Central, name Bryce Elderidge, a Bama commit.

Two things stood out for me:

1. He wants to continue to do both, hitting and pitching. I'm fine with it.
2. Says Bama was his dream school. Has pictures of him and his brother in Bama gear. Big fan of AJ McCarron.

If Bama can get this young man to campus, i think Bama has a real stud for the future.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.