NBA Draft 2022

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Good luck to JD, Keon, and Shack. My guess is JD is drafted in the 2nd round with Keon and Shack not getting picked. Perhaps I haven't been paying attention but I don't recall hearing any chatter about either JD or Keon blowing it up at the combine as we heard with Josh Primo.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I'm planning to watch tonight. As of now it looks like Jabari is still the odd favorite for the first pick to the Magic.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
ESPN radio said JD will be pick 45 or there abouts. Said Auburn will have two 1st round picks in Smith and Kessler.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I'm thinking JD's only chance at the first round will come at the end at number 30. On a side note, my Pistons are making some good pickups thus far

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Wow Caleb Houstan went 32nd to the Magic ... if I remember correctly dude had the highest bb recruit ranking ever on 247sports (we were high in his recruiting)

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
If you’re a freshman in college and you leave school for the NBA Draft and aren’t selected in the first round, then you got awful, terrible advice. JD Davison of Alabama got awful, terrible advice. I feel bad for him.

Or maybe he did not like college ...
Bingo. I suspect he was given very good advice and he chose to leave school anyway. Good luck to him but he was not ready and would have been much better off to have stayed 1 more year, especially with the NIL dollars that kids can now get.

Reactions: day-day

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I will preface this by saying I woke up this morning with a horrible allergy headache. With that said, if you are the fifth or sixth best player on your college team in a year where that team underperformed for most of the year, how do you get the idea you are a first round talent, when you can’t even take over a nonconference game against a mid major?

For someone who didn’t have sharp passing skills, dribbling skills, or shooting skills, and the best thing he’s known for is his hair, I think being drafted in the second round is somewhat impressive.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I will preface this by saying I woke up this morning with a horrible allergy headache. With that said, if you are the fifth or sixth best player on your college team in a year where that team underperformed for most of the year, how do you get the idea you are a first round talent, when you can’t even take over a nonconference game against a mid major?

For someone who didn’t have sharp passing skills, dribbling skills, or shooting skills, and the best thing he’s known for is his hair, I think being drafted in the second round is somewhat impressive.
Agreed. I've said before I don't understand the NBA draft. They draft players on "potential" more than "performance" in many cases.

JD has tons of potential but the product on the floor last year was a serious disappointment. I mean, if he struggled to adjust going from a small HS to D1, what is the learning curve going to the NBA???

So yeah, going in the second to a cool NBA team isn't bad considering what we witnessed last year.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think KEON has NBA potential....may never be a superstar, but with his length and defensive skills, I think he can have a decent career.

I'm not as optimistic about Shack translating into the NBA...I'll take that back if he can prove to be a more reliable 3-point shooter...but his ability to play in traffic and handle the ball and defend on the NBA level is questionable IMO. That said...I'm rooting for him to succeed!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.