SCOTUS and Roe - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Today, the supreme court condemned thousands of new borns to a life of hell through an adoption industry already overburden with children. You know, that industry that pro-lifers conveniently forget about once a child is born. Now, pro-lifers don't have to ever think about children again. Let's not even talk about the uptick in suicides this will cause, that Roe v Wade actually reduced, but those lives are not important to pro-lifers.

Not to mention that this majority opinion threatens all our rights to privacy.

Last edited:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Plus the right to contraception. They not only want to stop abortions but, they want to stop you from preventing a pregnancy as well. More babies for everyone is what these backwards thinking conservatives want, even though they don't want to care for any of these babies. They probably think/hope people will just stop having sex but, history strongly disagrees with that stupidity.

Reactions: Jon and dtgreg

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Plus the right to contraception. They not only want to stop abortions but, they want to stop you from preventing a pregnancy as well. More babies for everyone is what these backwards thinking conservatives want, even though they don't want to care for any of these babies. They probably think/hope people will just stop having sex but, history strongly disagrees with that stupidity.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
i hope every woman stops having sex

with republicans

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
kind reminder

[Roe] is settled as a precedent of the Court, entitled to respect under principles of stare decisis. It is settled.”

John Roberts during his confirmation hearing.

Roe v. Wadeis important precedent of the Supreme Court that has been reaffirmed many times. But then Planned — and this is the point that I want to make that I think is important. Planned Parenthood v. Casey reaffirmed Roe and did so by considering the stare decisis factors,” he said in 2018. “So Casey now becomes a precedent on precedent. It is not as if it is just a run-of-the-mill case that was decided and never been reconsidered, but Casey specifically reconsidered it, applied the stare decisis factors, and decided to reaffirm it. That makes Casey a precedent on precedent.”

Brett Kavanaugh during his confirmation hearing

“Roe v. Wade, decided in 1973, is a precedent of the U.S. Supreme Court. It has been reaffirmed. The reliance interest considerations are important there, and all of the other factors that go into analyzing precedent have to be considered. It is a precedent of the U.S. Supreme Court. It was reaffirmed in Casey in 1992 and in several other cases. So a good judge will consider it as precedent of the U.S. Supreme Court worthy as treatment of precedent like any other.”

Neil Gorsuch during his confirmation hearing

“Senator, your question to me was did I debate the contents of Roe v. Wade, the outcome in Roe v. Wade, do I have this day an opinion, a personal opinion, on the outcome in Roe v. Wade,” he added, “and my answer to you is that I do not.”

Clarence Thomas during is confirmation hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.