SCOTUS and Roe - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
You have raised a thorny issue which I've been thinking about but don't know the answer to and that is "standing." Do you have to die first and then your PR raise the issue and appeal? (Or does that moot the case?) Or will they accept certiorari to clarify their decision to eliminate the impression that states may do anything on earth they want without violating the 14th? There are four bills, IIRC, pending in states which would require a woman to die with an ectopic pregnancy. They are all heading for contest and appeal, naturally. States are in an arms race to prove how radical they can be. The next shoe to drop will be very interesting indeed...
Greatest post I've ever seen and I'm not smart enough to butter up the Mod. This is what happens when you allow the crazies to get their hands on the levers of power. What color IS the sky? The grass? How can we micro-define reality? The KGB has won already if we go down this path.

Reactions: Jon, UAH and 92tide

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Ectopics are just one more of "God's" hideous mistakes. They may truly believe that if it happens, it's "God's Will" that the woman should die. They are insane. Why go to the hospital for anything, if it's "God's Will" that you are sick? We are NOT a Theocracy. They are un-American.
I’d be willing to wager that 95% of Tidefan members are Christian. You may want to think about that a little. You may also need to find Jesus Christ as your Savior. It’s perfectly fine to bash people of Faith on this platform. That’s not right.

• Thank You
Reactions: AlistarWills

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
I’d be willing to wager that 95% of Tidefan members are Christian. You may want to think about that a little. You may also need to find Jesus Christ as your Savior. It’s perfectly fine to bash people of Faith on this platform. That’s not right.
Sir, you appear to be a sincere believer and so I will apologize. I was raised Methodist and had a wonderful, happy religious upbringing.

I hate to point out that my question is unaddressed. How far do we take this? No medical care allowed? I remember Coach Bryant always complained about growing up with this being his clan's, and family's beliefs

Reactions: Jon

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I'm a Christian. I have faith. I wish I had more.

I am also not offended. I also saw nothing in the post bashing people of faith, whether a small or capital "F". Did you? If so, where?

Truth is the USA is not a theocracy, but a few wacky people want to make it one - so long as it is made how they wish it to be and 1st amendment be damned. That's not right.

But who are you to judge another and what they need? dtgreg could be Christian. If so he's already found Jesus or been found by him. He could be Muslim or Hindu or have no religion and that would be his choice and really none of your business, if I may speak boldly and with all due respect.

Anyone who does push an agenda, whether based on faith or cynicism, which places a nonviable fetus on such a pedestal that they lose all reason and would allow both the woman and the nonviable fetus sitting in her fallopian tube (and about to kill them both in any case) to die deserves to be called insane, radical, unreasonable, and un-American.

Hopefully, no one here is that unreasonable. If that's the case then no one will find the comment out of line because they will understand that the real problem is those unreasonable folks who do want both the woman and fetus to die when there is an ectopic pregnancy. Those people do exist, unfortunately.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
My opinion on this is mixed to say the least. A really good friend of mine got pregnant at UNA when we were in school together. The Father didn’t want to uphold his end of the deal and she went full term and an adoption was set up. After giving birth, she got to hold him and couldn’t give him up. This child was named after me and ended up pitching for UA after being drafted out of Juco. He now is a GM of a company and has done well. I communicate with his mother often and am so proud of his accomplishments and his mom who couldn’t give him away. That being said, there’s thousands who can’t do what this woman did. If my daughter was raped, there’s no way I could or would force her to keep a child in that situation. I love and respect the community here and cherish the back and forth we have. May God be with anyone that has to face that situation. I can see both sides. RTR

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
There are different theories of Christianity, all valid to their believers. One is that everything bad which happens in the world is a "Act of God." Methodism, my denomination along with DTGreg, rejects that God is the author of evil. DT may have been a been a little rough in characterizing and parodying that system of belief which can accept that an ectopic pregnancy, a death sentence for mother and fetus, as being an "Act of God." I reject it also because I don't believe God is the creator of misfortune. Fellow believers can differ on this point. It is not a rejection of Christianity and you erred in interpreting that way...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
My opinion on this is mixed to say the least. A really good friend of mine got pregnant at UNA when we were in school together. The Father didn’t want to uphold his end of the deal and she went full term and an adoption was set up. After giving birth, she got to hold him and couldn’t give him up. This child was named after me and ended up pitching for UA after being drafted out of Juco. He now is a GM of a company and has done well. I communicate with his mother often and am so proud of his accomplishments and his mom who couldn’t give him away. That being said, there’s thousands who can’t do what this woman did. If my daughter was raped, there’s no way I could or would force her to keep a child in that situation. I love and respect the community here and cherish the back and forth we have. May God be with anyone that has to face that situation. I can see both sides. RTR
Loooooooooooooooooovvvvvveeeeee....exciting and newwwwww......come aboard........we're ex-pec-ting yoooooouuuuuuuu.....

Sorry, but I can feel it, man. :)

Thanks for sharing your story and thoughts. We need more reasonable conversations in this world. I'm glad everything worked out. We all love our daughters and want the best for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: MobtownK and dtgreg

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Had someone in my Facebook feed (childhood acquaintance) post that real Christians should be out celebrating the reversal and that pastors should be posting about it.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
There are different theories of Christianity, all valid to their believers. One is that everything bad which happens in the world is a "Act of God." Methodism, my denomination along with DTGreg, rejects that God is the author of evil. DT may have been a been a little rough in characterizing and parodying that system of belief which can accept that an ectopic pregnancy, a death sentence for mother and fetus, as being an "Act of God." I reject it also because I don't believe God is the creator of misfortune. Fellow believers can differ on this point. It is not a rejection of Christianity and you erred in interpreting that way...
I thank my defenders (and my offended friend) and I agree that I was quite a bit too irreverent to the point of being disrespectful of others. I do think it is time to speak plainly about what we are doing.

I would hope that a majority of believers will not give up their freedom and impartial vote counting to their tribe. You will lose by winning. Yes, your team will win an election, but you will never be free again. The political establishment will pick your candidate and you will have no choice, ever again. Your political party will also count the votes. Please consider how Saddam Hussein got into power and what happened to those closest to him for a map of your future.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Had someone in my Facebook feed (childhood acquaintance) post that real Christians should be out celebrating the reversal and that pastors should be posting about it.
did you point out that jesus had a lot more to say about pride, deceitfulness, pursuit of earthly power, etc. than he had to say about abortion (which was nothing)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
did you point out that jesus had a lot more to say about pride, deceitfulness, pursuit of earthly power, etc. than he had to say about abortion (which was nothing)
This guy and I went to the same church growing up. Now he proclaims he was an atheist the first 20 years of his life before he was saved by the grace of God.

He recently boasted he was boycotting a bunch of companies that had rainbow designs on their packaging for Pride Month. Jesus was oddly silent on the issue of homosexuality as well.

I wonder if he has issues with Trump’s infidelity given how God Himself (not Paul) said we weren’t to do it.

We aren’t actually Facebook friends. I just check on his posts for laughs.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
This guy and I went to the same church growing up. Now he proclaims he was an atheist the first 20 years of his life before he was saved by the grace of God.

He recently boasted he was boycotting a bunch of companies that had rainbow designs on their packaging for Pride Month. Jesus was oddly silent on the issue of homosexuality as well.

I wonder if he has issues with Trump’s infidelity given how God Himself (not Paul) said we weren’t to do it.

We aren’t actually Facebook friends. I just check on his posts for laughs.
as an atheist there is nothing rarer than a former one. I have met many that have claimed it but none that I would say was actually an atheist. There are plenty of religious people that have partied their butts off or just behaved like selfish d-bags and then "found" jesus and love to tell you they "used to be an atheist" but they absolutely were not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.