All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
Softballamerica rankings

LSU had 4 top 100 recruits when we started regionals

Auburn had 3

Arkansas and Tennessee had 5 each

We had 2

I no longer have the account but unless they were upgraded or we made additions since then we weren’t doing great.

Alabama for years have paraded softball America rankings year after year, but all of the sudden you start seeing them go to random metrics and random rankings. It’s because our rivals have been beating down the doors getting the top players because they know when Oklahoma and Texas come in they need to be competitive at the plate. Last year we had 4 softball America players and 3 of them just left and 1 barely played (Barnhart).
Tommy Wilcox comes to mind. 🙂
+ the whole defensive backfield that played with him.

Reactions: Bama75&80

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Hoping we end up with Cormani McClain. I think he is one of the best CB recruits in a while. Imagine a class of Hurley, Mitchell and McClain at CB and Derrick Williams and Elliot Washington at safety. I hope we load up in the secondary.

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
I believe THE TIDE is going to be home in 23 for Malik Benson!!...Let me tell you.This young man will NOT just fill up roster space or to be depth. He is a 100%,genuine,authenic,legitimate stud talent outside or in the slot.He can really run.Not Tyler Harrell fast. But faster than most.And really quick. Seems to understand how to get open and gets in and out of his cuts pretty darn well. Catches the ball with ease,and is a threat to take it to the house each and every time he touches it and will be that kind of guy in THE SEC.

When ohio pulled that stunt with those 3 HS WRs last week.? Rest assured that this kid(Even though he is a Juco kid and will have a shorter shelf life is better and will have more value than Carnel Tate,much better and more talented than Inniss,and on equal footing with Noah Rogers.If we reel him in it will be big.Might take him some time to get his feet on the floor. Seems to happen with Juco kids sometimes(Think Khyree Jackson who is a stud). But he will play in 23 and a lot as the season progresses and make a big impact IMHO...

Especially if Burton and Harrell are as productive and advanced (especially Jermaine) as I think they will be.They will be moving on.We will lose another 2-3 in the portal.So counting Benson I believe we sign 2 other WRs in the 23 cycle,and haul in another BIG TIME WR from the Portal for 23.

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Hoping we end up with Cormani McClain. I think he is one of the best CB recruits in a while. Imagine a class of Hurley, Mitchell and McClain at CB and Derrick Williams and Elliot Washington at safety. I hope we load up in the secondary.
Yes!!! Plus Brayson Hubbard,who is really athletic.Downs may easily end up in this class.I like Cormani McClain a lot. Kind of an Eli Ricks type kid who will probably be a field Corner.Do you like him as much as Domani Jackson?

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
And just like that we jump like a rocket ship into the top 20 team rankings on 24/7 for the 2023 class--where I suspect we will be going a lot higher from here on out.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.