Malik Benson, the top JuCo player in the country, has committed to Alabama

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Great video! I know those aren't SEC DBs guarding/chasing him, but he looks great.

I love how he catches the slant passes. I'm getting warm memories of Waddle catching slants and taking them to the house. He catches the ball full stride and seems almost to accelerate in the process!

And what great hands. He caught a number of passes with defenders draped on him. And he's not afraid to catch it going across the middle either!

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Great video! I know those aren't SEC DBs guarding/chasing him, but he looks great.

I love how he catches the slant passes. I'm getting warm memories of Waddle catching slants and taking them to the house. He catches the ball full stride and seems almost to accelerate in the process!

And what great hands. He caught a number of passes with defenders draped on him. And he's not afraid to catch it going across the middle either!
Not High School kids either :LOL: :LOL:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Great pick-up. I saw his coach interviewed and he has a 3.5 GPA and takes his football and school work seriously. He said his favorite Bama players are Henry Ruggs and Jameson Williams since he can fly also. Sounds like he will be great addition to the team. Welcome and RTR Malik!

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
I read an article recently where he said he has never been timed in the 40. He was a track star that would have had a track scholarship if his grades were better. He is a 10.3 100 guy and long jumped over 25 feet in high school.
Sounds explosive 🧨 too me.

Reactions: Perrett4Bama

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I slept on Malik Benson until he got a fifth star from ON3, then I wondered what the fuss was about. The kid is dynamic, with strong hands. The favorable comparisons to Henry Ruggs are spot on. He may be one of my favorite players .

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I slept on Malik Benson until he got a fifth star from ON3, then I wondered what the fuss was about. The kid is dynamic, with strong hands. The favorable comparisons to Henry Ruggs are spot on. He may be one of my favorite players .
I know it's hard not to compare new receivers to one of the four horsemen, but if this guy is anything close to a Waddle or Ruggs he'll be a huge impact player!

Perrett4Bama

All-American
Aug 28, 2001
Panama City, Florida
A buddy of mine talked to this kids high school coach yesterday in a barbershop. He said this kid was the best player he has ever coached and faster than J Williams. He said this kid can jump a mile and UGA offered him everything to get him to come. He loved Bama and wanted to be a deep playmaker.
The Coach said he is man playing with boys. He grew 4 inches his senior year and has a Kansas State High School long jump record of 22'+ feet and a 10.68 100 meter. If half of this is true he will be a playmaker! We will see. (y)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
A buddy of mine talked to this kids high school coach yesterday in a barbershop. He said this kid was the best player he has ever coached and faster than J Williams. He said this kid can jump a mile and UGA offered him everything to get him to come. He loved Bama and wanted to be a deep playmaker.
The Coach said he is man playing with boys. He grew 4 inches his senior year and has a Kansas State High School long jump record of 22'+ feet and a 10.68 100 meter. If half of this is true he will be a playmaker! We will see. (y)
Wow! Can't wait to see him in Crimson!

Sounds like he will make the new starter's job next year a little easier!

Reactions: seebell

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.