Peter Woods- Crystal Ball Predictions

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I just wonder how much of the “Don’t you know that Saban is retiring soon, he’s over 70” garbage is being spewed by Dabo on this one. The kid is a lifelong Bama fan and Brent Venables is no longer the DC there. This one is mystifying to me.

Reactions: bamabelle1991

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I just wonder how much of the “Don’t you know that Saban is retiring soon, he’s over 70” garbage is being spewed by Dabo on this one. The kid is a lifelong Bama fan and Brent Venables is no longer the DC there. This one is mystifying to me.
let him say whatever he wants because he will struggle going forward scoring points and his "secret sauce " of keeping his entire staff is gone.

Reactions: Padreruf

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Seem like Roach dropped the ball on Pete Woods... and Alabama will continue to recuit him.. Golding and T Robinson probably will take over going forward. All isn't lost though. Check back in 2 months... see where we are.
Bad narrative...Roach didn't "drop the ball". This is far from over, but remember you can't get them all. I know it sucks for fans because he is in state, but Bama lost out on Jameis Winston to an ACC program and still won and built a dynasty without him.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Dabo and God. Period. Woods father is a pastor. Nothing difficult to understand, Dabo playing the underdog and religion shtick once again..
I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but lets move on . Woods will not flip based on the video.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Dabo and God. Period. Woods father is a pastor. Nothing difficult to understand, Dabo playing the underdog and religion shtick once again..
I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but lets move on . Woods will not flip based on the video.
That’s a good thing, until it isn’t.

Couple more high end defensive line guys out there, let’s go get them.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I’ve got an uneasy feeling about recruiting this year.
Its July, we had 7 commits, 7! in a four week span. 2 five star from in state which happens to be the best CBs in the country. The Top 2 juco players in the nation committed almost back to back (that doesn't happen ever) one happens to be an experienced ,speedy WR who has 1st round written all over him. The other is a heat seeking missile LB with 4.3 speed! Next week, we're landing the best rated QB in Georgia. We're in position to land more top DL and OL recruits down the road.

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
Bad narrative...Roach didn't "drop the ball". This is far from over, but remember you can't get them all. I know it sucks for fans because he is in state, but Bama lost out on Jameis Winston to an ACC program and still won and built a dynasty without him.
I agree, and we’ve learned time after time to not worry too much about recruiting with coach Saban. Having said that, there are times you can identify missing a guy here or there at certain positions that could have drastically changed the outcome of a season. The miss on Justin Ross to Clemson comes to my mind. He would have been a good addition to our WR room but ultimately played a huge role in beating us for a championship. Mass injuries to position groups in the past could have been helped with key pieces as well such as receivers last year and linebackers before that. Heck even Winston helped Florida state win a title; not that I would have ever wanted him in crimson.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4Bama and Rush

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
Since shortly after Saban arrived at Alabama, I've not worried about recruiting. This one however bothers me a little bit. Woods grew up an Alabama fan. I don't know his relationship with some of the other players at Thompson, but Alabama has some of teammates either on the team now or committed to Alabama.

From what I understand Nick Eason who coaches DT's has done a phenomenal job recruiting Woods. As many of you have pointed out it's not over and Alabama will not stop recruiting but I think it's going to take Saban himself getting involved with Woods recruitment for us to have any chance of reeling Woods in. If we do not get him, it's not the end of the world by any means. Still, we should not be losing out on a recruit of this caliber that grew up an Alabama fan and lives in our backyard.

Reactions: Windsortide

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Dabo Swinney, the Joel Osteen/Ernest Angley of college football.....I personally think using religion to recruit football players is the most deeply cynical thing I can think of....

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Dabo Swinney, the Joel Osteen/Ernest Angley of college football.....I personally think using religion to recruit football players is the most deeply cynical thing I can think of....
We use it to start wars, elect officials, market fish sandwiches, etc. not sure this is worse. “All is fair in love and recruiting 17 year olds”. ;)

Reactions: The Ols and B1GTide

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Its July, we had 7 commits, 7! in a four week span. 2 five star from in state which happens to be the best CBs in the country. The Top 2 juco players in the nation committed almost back to back (that doesn't happen ever) one happens to be an experienced ,speedy WR who has 1st round written all over him. The other is a heat seeking missile LB with 4.3 speed! Next week, we're landing the best rated QB in Georgia. We're in position to land more top DL and OL recruits down the road.
Precisely………… Bama will get its share, and it ain’t over with

let Dabo do Dabo…….. it’s his schtick

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I’ve got an uneasy feeling about recruiting this year.
With all the things we have too worry about, in this messed up world we're living in, Alabama Football recruiting isn't one of them..

As long as Coach Saban is our HC at Alabama we will continue hauling in Top 3 classes

Coach Saban will adjust his recruiting style too remain the absolute best recruiter in college football history..

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.