Peter Woods- Crystal Ball Predictions

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Woods says Dabo is far more relatable than CNS. It’s early, true. But those are tough words to retract.
He bought the “Aweshucks” thing fully……… if Dabo’s team doesn’t win a lot of games this year and his Offense doesn’t score a lot, that will start to wear thin

funny how none of the other players have issues relating to Saban…….. methinks this was a “ please the family “ thing

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Maybe it's the attacks on religion by all the Bama fans on here that turned Woods off? Dabo has his beliefs and we should all respect that. Reading the comments on here is like watching ESPN's woke brigade. If you don't believe, fine, but the attacks are unnecessary and counter-productive.

Maybe it's our DC and his DUI? That can't be a plus on the recruiting trail. We've definitely surrendered the high moral ground the last couple years...in several areas.

How long have Bama fans been pointing to the abundance of talent in-state in this recruiting cycle? A long, long time. Truth is, there's just no way to not be disappointed in how this is turning out (so far).

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Maybe it's the attacks on religion by all the Bama fans on here that turned Woods off? Dabo has his beliefs and we should all respect that. Reading the comments on here is like watching ESPN's woke brigade. If you don't believe, fine, but the attacks are unnecessary and counter-productive.

Maybe it's our DC and his DUI? That can't be a plus on the recruiting trail. We've definitely surrendered the high moral ground the last couple years...in several areas.

How long have Bama fans been pointing to the abundance of talent in-state in this recruiting cycle? A long, long time. Truth is, there's just no way to not be disappointed in how this is turning out (so far).
I didn't read any attacks on religion -- it was more a commentary on how Dabo may or may not be leveraging his highly public faith to attract recruits. That's a much different thing. It's true that few, if any, of the posters here are giving him the benefit of the doubt. But it IS an Alabama board after all.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Lmao I needed a great laugh this morning with my coffee thank you

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Should have probably posted the last paragraph only.

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Yeo, we can still do more than fine on the D line, but not if the Smiths and Russaws go elsewhere IMO.
Russaw is going to be a Jack or a Sam LB...OR a Strong-side edge defender(Will A like) or a Weak-side edge Defender(DTurner like)..I believe he can play both...Or inside for that matter. He is a completely different kind of player than Woods.

Reactions: bamabelle1991

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Maybe he didn’t want to compete.
I've thought that too. DL room is pretty crowded. I don't know how good Woods will end up being, but if a kid has confidence, determination and a work ethic, he will not be afraid of the competition.
Some kids just want to get away from home, and just need a reason to justify it. The religion angle is one his Dad could get on board with I guess. And that's fine if he feels that way. I have no issue with that. There's plenty of other great players who want to be in Tuscaloosa. More than we can sign. What's more dissapointing to me that this is the first Thompson kid rated above a 3 star that didn't go to Bama.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Russaw is going to be a Jack or a Sam LB...OR a Strong-side edge defender(Will A like) or a Weak-side edge Defender(DTurner like)..I believe he can play both...Or inside for that matter. He is a completely different kind of player than Woods.
OK, I stand corrected. Then who, besides Smith, remains on the board as far as true inside ( D line ) potentials are concerned ? I`m sure there must be some.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
If hes going to Clemson, then I’m glad we find it out now instead of in December/Jan. Who is the qb in Georgia that was referred to upthread?

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

...dogs and cats living together!!!

• Haha
Reactions: BhamToTexas

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
OK, I stand corrected. Then who, besides Smith, remains on the board as far as true inside ( D line ) potentials are concerned ? I`m sure there must be some.
Well I would assume they still have their sights on a lot of guys.And some of these guys may be higher up on their board than Woods was.Counting Smith there were 3 I think are better.Maybe 4
1)The kid from Katy,Tx(Milroe's Hometown-Different HS) David Hicks ,who we are in on...
2)The ND commit,Keon Keeley who we are recruiting extremely hard...
3)Kelby Collins from Gardendale,Ala

Others:
1)The young man from Tyler Texas Jordan Renaud who may be a take now..Undersized right now
2)Reuben Bain from Miami
3)Edric Hill from KC who may be a take now
4)The Big JUCO kid Elijah Davis
5)Jordan Hall from Jax and the Hobbs kid from NC

And remember..This outfit signed 3 young men in the 22 cycle(Big Jaheim,KPerry,and IHastings) who ALL 3 have better than even odds to be outstanding interior D- linemen in THE SEC...

I have always believed,and still do, that Khurtiss Perry when he gets to 280-285 is and will be better than Woods. But that's me...I wasnt as high on J Alexander as I was J Campbell either....

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I've thought that too. DL room is pretty crowded. I don't know how good Woods will end up being, but if a kid has confidence, determination and a work ethic, he will not be afraid of the competition.
Some kids just want to get away from home, and just need reason to justify it. The religion angle is one his Dad could get on board with I guess. And that's fine if he feels that way. I have no issue with that. There's plenty of other great players who want to be in Tuscaloosa. More than we can sign. What's more dissapointing to me that this is the first Thompson kid rated above a 3 star that didn't go to Bama.
Yep, think you nailed that. Oh well, next up... This is interesting though:

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Yep, think you nailed that. Oh well, next up... This is interesting though:

Another Saban is done article, every year, any hiccup, finebaum, print, digital guys tell how the end is near. Saban will retire soon enough, they're just hoping it will be soon.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.