Peter Woods- Crystal Ball Predictions

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
...dogs and cats living together!!!
WHERE? Quick, someone alert the authorities. Let's not give up on young mister woods just yet. Remember he still has 1 OV left , surely he will use it on a sojourn to T-town. If not that's cool, have fun at Clemson. I think we could meet up again later, maybe in a natty.

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
let him say whatever he wants because he will struggle going forward scoring points and his "secret sauce " of keeping his entire staff is gone.
I agree 100%. I have said numerous times that while I like dabo he has been able to relatively keep his primary staff in tact and together, up until last year, which has without a doubt helped him tremendously. You see what happened offensively to clempson last year, now without venombles let’s see how they shape up defensively.

Other recently successful coaches and programs have also enjoyed relatively minor coaching turnover, but this most certainly will change for them too since with major success comes major poaching.

Coach Saban’s ability to continue to succeed on an extremely high level and win championships, with unprecedented major assistant coaching losses turnover, I feel is sorely underestimated and not really formally recognized by many, not all but many. This is especially evident in the media and by our competition.

What I mean by major (significant key) coaching turnover and I quote:

“ To date of june 2021 , 39 full-time, on-the-field assistant coaches have come and gone from Saban's staffs. Twelve later became head coaches (a number that doesn't include off-the-field guys like Geoff Collins and Butch Jones), and that number will only keep growing.” (*zach barnett) Well over 40 something assistant coaches now.

***Sorry but I said all of this previously and have not updated my information to be current 2022 but you get the picture.

RTR

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Yep, think you nailed that. Oh well, next up... This is interesting though:

I wouldnt trust a word they write. hey have bad reputation for putting out bad articles.

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
Woods says Dabo is far more relatable than CNS. It’s early, true. But those are tough words to retract.
According to some people in the the know, many of our competitors pretty much say anything they can to try to gain an edge over Coach Saban and BAMA, especially in recruiting. While there may be an age barrier for some, or panic and speculation by others, articles in the media about Coach Saban retiring soon or being old or losing a step in regards to being able to connect to younger recruits, parents, families etc., in reality need not worry as Coach Saban speaks the universal languages of success and money.

“ Since 2009, Nick Saban has had a record of 41 Alabama players drafted in the first round. Saban and the Tide now have had at least one player selected in the first round in 14 consecutive NFL drafts, tying Miami's streak of first-round draft picks from 1995 through 2008.

Saban holds the NCAA record for the most first-round draft picks in a career with 46. The coach closest to Saban's record for top picks is the late Joe Paterno, who had 33 first-round selections during his 46 seasons at Penn State.”

Also, just let this number sink in, but during an interview Coach Saban discussed some financial numbers regarding former BAMA players and the nfl. Per Coach Saban, “Somebody gave me a stat that our players have made $1.7 billion playing in the NFL since 2007”.

Let them try to manipulate those numbers.

RTR

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Yep, think you nailed that. Oh well, next up... This is interesting though:

Notice the part where it said, “Father figure?” Dabo is his cool, younger uncle. He has an older, guiding influence in his life already in his grandfather.

Saban’s not out of touch, he’s just not the cool Uncle.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Notice the part where it said, “Father figure?” Dabo is his cool, younger uncle. He has an older, guiding influence in his life already in his grandfather.

Well, maybe it`s more important for some to have a " buddy " as opposed to being prepared for the future ( football and life ) by a master.

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
Did anyone else notice that he referred to dabo as dabo not coach or coach dabo or coach swinney. Was just odd and kind of stuck out a little bit.

Regardless he is just 18 and this is a huge decision. Maybe he is looking for more of a friend type of coach, maybe his dad was a disciplinarian and or maybe he wants to just get away. Does not really matter ultimately it is his decision to make for whatever reasons he see fit. He seems like a good Christian young man from a good Christian family so hopefully he does well.

Also, if we do play them at any time while he is there, if he ends up going there, I would prefer he play injury free but have an off, non dominant type, non productive type of game against us.

RTR

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Another Saban is done article, every year, any hiccup, finebaum, print, digital guys tell how the end is near. Saban will retire soon enough, they're just hoping it will be soon.
Guys that write articles like that are just hoping they'll be the one who writes it right before he retires. It's a shot in the dark; it's wishful thinking; they are trying to strike gold, etc. But one day someone will probably time it just right. Hopefully one day many, many years from now!

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I wish Peter Woods every success. I mean the quality of football in the ACC is lower so he will look better. Maybe he does not feel he is good enough for Alabama and that's OK. Not everyone is up to the challenge. Good luck to him though.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Did anyone else notice that he referred to dabo as dabo not coach or coach dabo or coach swinney. Was just odd and kind of stuck out a little bit.

Regardless he is just 18 and this is a huge decision. Maybe he is looking for more of a friend type of coach, maybe his dad was a disciplinarian and or maybe he wants to just get away. Does not really matter ultimately it is his decision to make for whatever reasons he see fit. He seems like a good Christian young man from a good Christian family so hopefully he does well.

Also, if we do play them at any time while he is there, if he ends up going there, I would prefer he play injury free but have an off, non dominant type, non productive type of game against us.

RTR
I wondered if anybody else noticed that ( " Dabo "). I know it`s a different time, but I chuckle to myself thinking about some kid calling Coach Bryant " Bear ". Hell, I never met the man but I feel funny just typing it and I`m 74 years old!

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
I’ve always told my soon-to-be 16-yr-old son that God has entrusted me with the huge responsibility of teaching, leading and guiding him (my son) to be the best version of the man that He (God) created him to be.

It’s my privilege and joy to be his friend and dad…but it’s my responsibility and honor to be his teacher and father…and that I can’t allow the desire to be the former, to interrupt the importance of the latter.

He’s an awesome young man, and I believe we are closer than most fathers and sons…and I feel so privileged that he shares so many intimate details of his life with me. The only way I can describe it is the way that most of the successful Bama players talk about Coach Saban as they progress through the system…

Respect is earned (mutually)…and never can be truly demanded. Set the expectations from the start, and live up to them. You can’t be the cool uncle for a season…and then expect to be treated any other way thereafter. Young men need a leader…but one who can kick them I the butt when they stray outside of the boundaries…and tell them that they’re loved no matter what.

Well, maybe it`s more important for some to have a " buddy " as opposed to being prepared for the future ( football and life ) by a master.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

I posted earlier, but it’s somewhat humorous that Saban is suddenly out of touch with players……….. but ask Tua, D. Smith, Mac Jones or Bryce about him being out of touch……… and ponder the answer. Saban is not out of touch at all………I think this might be a please the family thing……and I don’t remember seeing anyone attacking a coach for their beliefs. Many here are believers as well

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I posted earlier, but it’s somewhat humorous that Saban is suddenly out of touch with players……….. but ask Tua, D. Smith, Mac Jones or Bryce about him being out of touch……… and ponder the answer. Saban is not out of touch at all………I think this might be a please the family thing……and I don’t remember seeing anyone attacking a coach for their beliefs. Many here are believers as well
I’m not saying he’s out of touch, I’m saying in this case Saban might be one more old, grouchy, father figure than Woods wants in his life. He went with the cool guy who lets him call him by his first name, and he talks about God which will make the primary old, grouchy, father figure in his life happy.

Bonus points for being 1.75 states away from the father figure.

Reactions: UAH

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I didn't read any attacks on religion -- it was more a commentary on how Dabo may or may not be leveraging his highly public faith to attract recruits. That's a much different thing. It's true that few, if any, of the posters here are giving him the benefit of the doubt. But it IS an Alabama board after all.
Dabo takes an much more relaxed and informal approach to coaching overall. When I have followed his press briefings they are normally much more informal and are often held standing outside with reporters after practice. At least some of the top recruits have found the more relaxed team atmosphere to be attractive to them. If he is a truly a religious person and expresses that in his daily life then good on him!

A number of younger coaches utilize social media, are more receptive to the press and compete hard in recruiting. That is the game we are in.

Put me down as a great admirer of CNS for all of the things he does to develop young men. There are some other very good coaches out there working hard to compete.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.