BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Update:
So, it looks like we're done at QB/RB for the year.
So this is remaining we'll need to recuit:

WR: We have 2 commits... we'll need one more... Jaren Hamilton, Shelton Sampson Jr and Jalen Hale. Any one else we're targeting?

TE: Apparently we're targeting Ty Lockwood. He's in T-town right now. Lockwood is a solid option.

OL- We have 3 commits... so we need 1-2. McVay is likely, Pulido and Okunloa is a maybe... I wonder if there's anyone else we're targeting?

DL- We're targeting everyone.. We have one commited, Collins, Renaud, Smith, Hill, etc. Collins is likely next... This DL battle is probably last til December.

LB- We have 2 commits.. and supposedly a flip... so assuming we have 3 commits.
I gotta think if we take Keon Keeley, then maybe Russaw...

DB- We have four commits... so Mclain is next.... and maybe we take Ricks if he reclassify...

any candidates that has potential to flip to Alabama?
WIth the LBs, it's really one ILB and one edge, with one edge possible flip. I'd think with edge, add Russaw and we're done there, but we really do need one more ILB in the class to keep the pipeline full especially since our one commit is a JUCO guy

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
WIth the LBs, it's really one ILB and one edge, with one edge possible flip. I'd think with edge, add Russaw and we're done there, but we really do need one more ILB in the class to keep the pipeline full especially since our one commit is a JUCO guy
And Damon Wilson....

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
And Damon Wilson....
Linebackers (4-5) <- How many we're willing to take in this class... between 4 or 5.
4* OLB Yhonzae Pierre
3* LB Justin Jefferson

Targets:
4* OLB Damon Wilson (He visited Alabama, but hasnt taken official visits to others)
5* OLB Keon Keeley (Potential flip to Alabama)

4* LB Qua Russaw (Between Georgia and Alabama)
4* LB Suntarine Perkins (Potential flip to Alabama)

That would give us 4 commits... and so It's really between Russaw and Wilson....

If we get Perkins and Keeley... I think we're done but leaving door open for a fifth commit... I think Russaw would end up Georgia and Wilson probably is a wildcard... I don't know.

I think Bama would stay at 4.. and probably consider transfer portal as an option...

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Linebackers (4-5) <- How many we're willing to take in this class... between 4 or 5.
4* OLB Yhonzae Pierre
3* LB Justin Jefferson

Targets:
4* OLB Damon Wilson (He visited Alabama, but hasnt taken official visits to others)

That would give us 4 commits... and so It's really between Russaw and Wilson....

If we get Perkins and Keeley... I think we're done but leaving door open for a fifth commit... I think Russaw would end up Georgia and Wilson probably is a wildcard... I don't know.

I think Bama would stay at 4.. and probably consider transfer portal as an option...
thanks for the insight. Question on Russaw. At his height, he doesn't really match our edge prototype all that well, but is pretty much the standard for an ILB. Any thoughts on whether he could be like Campbell from the 22 class who could likely be moved inside? Although I guess if we get Perkins adding another ILB just might not be a priority

Reactions: Ledsteplin

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
4* OLB Yhonzae Pierre
3* LB Justin Jefferson

Targets:

Don't forget Jordan Renaud...he is very much so a take.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
thanks for the insight. Question on Russaw. At his height, he doesn't really match our edge prototype all that well, but is pretty much the standard for an ILB. Any thoughts on whether he could be like Campbell from the 22 class who could likely be moved inside? Although I guess if we get Perkins adding another ILB just might not be a priority
He's actually similar in size to Will Anderson height wise. Will was about the same size coming out of high school.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Another name that I don't see mentioned enough. He showed out at one of Bama's camp this summer, and earned himself a commitable offer.
I'll add his name to the list. Renaud, I keep forgetting about him.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
He's actually similar in size to Will Anderson height wise. Will was about the same size coming out of high school.
ok - most of the services I see have Russaw at 6'2" so that was the origin of the question. Anderson and Braswell really are shorter than typical at 6'3" where we've typically had guys in the 6'4" or 6'5" range as the prototype.

Reactions: BirminghamBAMA

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
ok - most of the services I see have Russaw at 6'2" so that was the origin of the question. Anderson and Braswell really are shorter than typical at 6'3" where we've typically had guys in the 6'4" or 6'5" range as the prototype.
Alabama’s website has him listed at 6’4. Guess we will find out at the combine.

4447BCC9-7EA8-45E9-A07F-6AE141C29CB2.jpeg

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
BAMA...Sam put in a prediction at low confidence, and Oregon sites ran with it. People, not speaking about you or anyone on this board, have to stop getting so riled about one "expert" or "experts" putting in CBs or whatever the heck. Every source isn't a good source. I've heard nothing to sway me from Young to Bama at the moment...actually heard the opposite from a very reliable source this morning.
It’s pretty much a given that anyone Bama is interested in suddenly turns into a favorite for Oregon or Miami to land………… it’s kinda funny too

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.