2023 Recruiting: 2023 Recruiting Targets

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Maybe a situation where that 30-32 per year/ total may be around a couple of years beyond the next two years. At least until true “NIL market value” normalizes somewhat and transfer portal roulette slows down.

Reactions: The Ols

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I did not pay much attention to Keely since he was committed to ND but after taking a look at his sophomore video (link below) I am drooling. This kid is incredibly long (says he has a 7'0 wingspan) and runs like a deer. So hoping we get him to flip.

If reported, I didn`t see it, but was Keon Keely accompanied by family on his visit?

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
If reported, I didn`t see it, but was Keon Keely accompanied by family on his visit?
It was reported on another site how highly his mom talked about Bama. It insinuated that she was there too, but never specifically said so. Either she was there, or he gave her a great review of his visit there. Either way, I hope he flips to Bama. So many others recruits are trying to get him to flip too. Hopefully that is a good thing and won't put too much pressure on him.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
It was reported on another site how highly his mom talked about Bama. It insinuated that she was there too, but never specifically said so. Either she was there, or he gave her a great review of his visit there. Either way, I hope he flips to Bama. So many others recruits are trying to get him to flip too. Hopefully that is a good thing and won't put too much pressure on him.
Coach may tell the players to back off some. Like with most things, there`s probably a point of diminishing return but who on earth can know what that might be with an 18 year old?

When I was working I used to tell young middle managers that an important skill to develop was being able to identify the threshold at which you cross over from expressing a necessary and admirable sense of concern to becoming a PITA to your superiors.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Remember the NCAA temporarily changed the scholarship limitations from 25 to 32. Schools are going to take advantage of that, sign big classes, and figure out the numbers.
I hadn't heard this. Could it be related to teams being heavy with leftover "free Covid year" players who choose a extra year of eligibility?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Reading links:

DI Council lifts football signing, initial counter limits for two years - NCAA.org

Members issued a blanket waiver to allow Football Bowl Subdivision schools to award scholarships based on the overall counter limit of 85. In the Football Championship Subdivision, the annual equivalency limit of 63 also remains in effect.

The change is intended to address the impact of the one-time transfer exception in the sport and the extended seasons of competition students received due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. A short-term solution put in place last fall was scheduled to expire at the end of July. It allowed schools who lost student-athletes to replace seven of them if they left during specific time periods.

"Some schools hadn't given out all their scholarships and felt constrained by the annual limit," said Council chair Shane Lyons, athletics director at West Virginia. "This temporary change provides schools more flexibility and adds opportunities for incoming and current student-athletes to receive aid."

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Keon and his family visited Alabama and they were there for several days.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yep, they are recruiting Keeley hard.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I hadn't heard this. Could it be related to teams being heavy with leftover "free Covid year" players who choose a extra year of eligibility?
Its mostly to help teams that have been depleted by the transfer portal. Some teams have been struggling to get to 85 scholarshiped players the last few years after loses to the portal graduation and pros.

Reactions: TiderJack and CB4

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Another article on the recruits trying to get Keeley to flip. He is #3 overall with On3. The On3 analyst is comparing him to Chase Young 😲

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
That`s not just a " there for a good time " visit, then.
Prying dad from work, and mom too maybe, both at the same time can be real tricky. No way my dad could have done it. Kudos to all these parents that follow their boys around, remember you get 5 of these.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I just noticed BamaInsider who was a Rivals website and Andrew Bone are both now with On3. I had not heard about this but it has happened. When searching I found an article that said Yahoo bought Rivals from Shannon Terry, who is the current owner of On3, in 2007 for $100 million 😲

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Prying dad from work, and mom too maybe, both at the same time can be real tricky. No way my dad could have done it. Kudos to all these parents that follow their boys around, remember you get 5 of these.
I dont' think its' hard... if you plan the 5 visits out in advance, it can be done.. especially on weekends. My parents would definitely come to all of my 5 visits... It would mostly have to be done before school starts. Some can afford to do it during the season... I personally think every parents should attend all of offical visits with their child.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I just noticed BamaInsider who was a Rivals website and Andrew Bone are both now with On3. I had not heard about this but it has happened. When searching I found an article that said Yahoo bought Rivals from Shannon Terry, who is the current owner of On3, in 2007 for $100 million 😲
I watched a couple of segments with Kyle Henderson after his absence for personal reasons. We thought that he was one of the most hard working reporters on the Bama beat but now appears to be very scattered and unfocused for the moment. Hard to watch!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.