SEC West Predictions

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I have this feeling that Harsin and AU will surprise some folks this fall. I don't see them challenging for the West, but I think they'll hit the over on their predicted win total.
it will probably be dependent on the Penn St game. If they lose and lose in bad form then the pitchforks will come out. I seriously think this is a very bad Auburn team that knows Harsin is a dead man walking if things don’t go well. I know everyone wants to say “Well tubberville”. Well Tubberville was far more liked by the fanbase, had a solid recruiting plan, and spoke southern. Harsin is an angry potato farmer that is hated by most of the Auburn fanbase and has done an extremely poor job recruiting.

I would say 3 to 7 wins are their range.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
it will probably be dependent on the Penn St game. If they lose and lose in bad form then the pitchforks will come out. I seriously think this is a very bad Auburn team that knows Harsin is a dead man walking if things don’t go well. I know everyone wants to say “Well tubberville”. Well Tubberville was far more liked by the fanbase, had a solid recruiting plan, and spoke southern. Harsin is an angry potato farmer that is hated by most of the Auburn fanbase and has done an extremely poor job recruiting.

will not be surprised is Mercer gives them a run for their money game 1

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
it might not be enough...recruiting isn't going great and a lot of people want him gone. It's an even year so he has to play georgia and a ticked off alabama on the road.
Oh, I'm not suggesting he'll be there after this year - why would he even want to be?

I just think a lot of people here are sand-bagging abruun. I do think Harsin is a good (not elite, but good) coach and they have enough talent to do okay if he's able to get this team to buy in.

I've not been reading up on them or anything, I just have this feeling they're going to be better than 7th in the W. Likely steal a game or three most think they'll lose.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Oh, I'm not suggesting he'll be there after this year - why would he even want to be?

I just think a lot of people here are sand-bagging abruun. I do think Harsin is a good (not elite, but good) coach and they have enough talent to do okay if he's able to get this team to buy in.

I've not been reading up on them or anything, I just have this feeling they're going to be better than 7th in the W. Likely steal a game or three most think they'll lose.
If this season the University of Auburn does better than pundits predict, then it won't be the first time that's happened. It seems in the past that they have overachieved in the years that they were predicted to suck. Then tank on the years they were supposed to be relevant. You just can't tell with those folks.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Not all on Harsin. We essentially put ourselves on probation for a year with the chicanery last spring.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama

So, who do you think will have a worse record in the West?

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
If this season the University of Auburn does better than pundits predict, then it won't be the first time that's happened. It seems in the past that they have overachieved in the years that they were predicted to suck. Then tank on the years they were supposed to be relevant. You just can't tell with those folks.
I have similar feelings. I have made the mistake too many times of listening to the pundits say "how poorly awbarn will be" only to see them overachieve. However, I do not see them doing better than any other team in the west this year.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I have similar feelings. I have made the mistake too many times of listening to the pundits say "how poorly awbarn will be" only to see them overachieve. However, I do not see them doing better than any other team in the west this year.
I just don’t think the schedule lines up well for them this year. Not for the kind of “magical seasons” they are used to. Once again I am not saying that they have losing year or 6-6. But Penn state, Missouri, lsu, @Uga, @ole miss is a bruta stretch. Then after the bye week. Arky, @miss state, then Texas a&m before their pre @bama layup is a really rough stretch of games.

Reactions: bamamoss2

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Not all on Harsin. We essentially put ourselves on probation for a year with the chicanery last spring.
Harsin even before that was a horrible recruiter. That was a huge motivator of the coup. He also should have gotten a bump after surviving but didn’t.

I also don’t think Auburn fans knows what REAL probation is. Yeah in 1993 y’all were denied the right to lose to Florida St but going 12-0, 9-1-1, 8-4, 8-4, and 10-3 the next 5 years isn’t a typical probation period. So no… y’all did not put yourselves on probation y’all just have a guy with no people skills as a coach who sucks at recruiting in the south. It could be fixed in an instant.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Harsin even before that was a horrible recruiter. That was a huge motivator of the coup. He also should have gotten a bump after surviving but didn’t.

I also don’t think Auburn fans knows what REAL probation is. Yeah in 1993 y’all were denied the right to lose to Florida St but going 12-0, 9-1-1, 8-4, 8-4, and 10-3 the next 5 years isn’t a typical probation period. So no… y’all did not put yourselves on probation y’all just have a guy with no people skills as a coach who sucks at recruiting in the south. It could be fixed in an instant.
with what money? gus took it all

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
True but Auburn is still a desirable job, and they didn’t have to settle on a hot head from Boise with no personality. They screwed up and tried to fix it but failed.
I am not trying to sound arrogant but recruiting and playing against saban at bama, Kirby at Georgia, Brian Kelly at lsu, and jimbo at A&M every single year doesn’t sound that desirable. And that’s just in your own division.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I am not trying to sound arrogant but recruiting and playing against saban at bama, Kirby at Georgia, Brian Kelly at lsu, and jimbo at A&M every single year doesn’t sound that desirable. And that’s just in your own division.
Auburn is a top 20 job. So yes it is a desirable job for good coaches with lots of money and recruiting advantages. Are there more desirable jobs? Absolutely, but it’s not the South Carolina type job like many Alabama fans make it out to be.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Auburn is a top 20 job. So yes it is a desirable job with lots of money and recruiting advantages. Are there more desirable jobs? Absolutely, but it’s not the South Carolina type job like many Alabama fans make it out to be.
It was a desirable job……things aren’t the way it used to be. Competion in the west is brutal now.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
True but Auburn is still a desirable job, and they didn’t have to settle on a hot head from Boise with no personality. They screwed up and tried to fix it but failed.
as a slight side note, think of all the money that Alabama has been able to make by keeping Saban for 15 years. Money that has been able to be spent on facilities and such. How much money have other programs spent by firing coaches trying to keep up with Saban?

Since 2007
LSU 3 coaches
Auburn 4 coaches
MS state 4 coaches
Ole Miss 5 coaches
Tennessee 6 coaches
TAMU 4 coaches

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Auburn is a top 20 job. So yes it is a desirable job for good coaches with lots of money and recruiting advantages. Are there more desirable jobs? Absolutely, but it’s not the South Carolina type job like many Alabama fans make it out to be.
If I were a college football coach looking for a job, I would 100% take a job at South Carolina over Auburn. Way less toxic of an environment, better facilities, less expectations. South Carolina also did much better in getting beamer than auburn did in getting harsin

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It was a desirable job……things aren’t the way it used to be. Competion in the west is brutal now.
Competition has always been brutal in the west since 2010, but Auburn has still been the constant thorn in Alabama’s side that has succeeded more than any other team in the country to beat us or derail us from a championship.

Auburn is a better program than all of the SEC West programs other than Alabama, LSU, and Texas A&M. They have great instate recruiting and are on the border of Georgia. Under the right coach they are tough to deal with.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.