2023 Recruiting: 2023 Recruiting Targets

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I want to remind people that a five star Campbell wasn't even on the outside radar until late November. Stop having freak outs about kids in August. Saban has done this a long time and adjusted every time. WE will have a epic class.
If you can find a way to stop people here from freaking out, let me know. Seems to be epidemic every year...and escalating!!!

Reactions: AlexanderFan

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I want to remind people that a five star Campbell wasn't even on the outside radar until late November. Stop having freak outs about kids in August. Saban has done this a long time and adjusted every time. WE will have a epic class.
I don't see people freaking out, or losing their minds, and their heads are not exploding. Just because you make a post expressing disappointment about not getting a certain recruit doesn't mean you're losing it. Perhaps on Twitter but I don't see it on this board. If you take Twitter seriously, don't, it's a sewer.

Last edited:

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
I think the ones among us who freak out are all part of the fun. Just like people grieve differently, and celebrate differently, I think people ride the recruiting rollercoaster differently. Some people respect a good cork screw twist and some people are irrationally afraid of it, but they make the ride more fun. This board wouldn’t be the same without all types taking part.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Valid point here. This is why I try not to take recruiting so serious. It's group of kids who's making a big decision that will affect them for rest of their college career.

Reactions: Padreruf

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
So....McVay to Alabama still looks good. It is not over with Collins, but I'm starting to lean even more to Florida. Big money on the table for him in Gainesville. Also....keep your eyes open over the weekend....another commitment is possibly on the horizon after McVay...
that big $$$ you're referring to is what some Bama fans don't or want to understand why this cycle the Tide is battling very hard to keep our in state studs home. Saban will not pay or play this game. And right now, Bama with an elite 2023 class ( I still believe this class could wind up the best ever on paper in Alabama's history)and its not over yet is but the realty is NIL is just a legal way to paid recruits either to visit or commit. As long as Saban and staff stay true to the course, we will continued to attract elite recruits with high character. In the end , that's all us fans could ask for.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
that big $$$ you're referring to is what some Bama fans don't or want to understand why this cycle the Tide is battling very hard to keep our in state studs home. Saban will not pay or play this game. And right now, Bama with an elite 2023 class ( I still believe this class could wind up the best ever on paper in Alabama's history)and its not over yet is but the realty is NIL is just a legal way to paid recruits either to visit or commit. As long as Saban and staff stay true to the course, we will continued to attract elite recruits with high character. In the end , that's all us fans could ask for.
all of this. WE will not offer/buy a player they have to earn a NIL or wait until they get opportunities after signing. said it before you want this small bag or the NFL bag. huge difference in those. Also, Bama is taking a sustainable model unlike some of these teams out there.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
And I think he keeps every commit in this class

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
You know, I follow recruiting pretty closely but just don't get upset over a kid or 2 or 3 or whatever that decide to go elsewhere. Saban has overcome that time and time again and still pulls in top classes every year. What I find myself worrying about is what you speak of above and the sustainability of this model in NIL world. I'm going to enjoy it as long as it lasts, just don't know how long that will be. It's really disgusting to me what college football is turning into.

• Thank You
Reactions: sanjosecrimson

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
You know, I follow recruiting pretty closely but just don't get upset over a kid or 2 or 3 or whatever that decide to go elsewhere. Saban has overcome that time and time again and still pulls in top classes every year. What I find myself worrying about is what you speak of above and the sustainability of this model in NIL world. I'm going to enjoy it as long as it lasts, just don't know how long that will be. It's really disgusting to me what college football is turning into.
I share your concern.

What Saban is doing works only because of Saban’s long history of developing players for the NFL. Nobody else has that history.

If executed by someone else, can his methods still work? I seriously doubt it.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Last edited:
Reactions: jjv0004

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.