Nov 22, 2011

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
It's like when Bill Maher said he hadn't moved his politics, politics has moved - and he's on the same side of things as......Darth Vader's daughter.....
Politics makes for strange bedfellows, but Maher makes a good point. A good number of us haven't moved, but the goalposts damn sure have. If someone had told me back in 2000 that one day the Bush and Cheney families would be almost heroes to the establishment Dems, I would have laughed out loud. (Then I would have called the nearest asylum and told them I found their lost patient.)

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Politics makes for strange bedfellows, but Maher makes a good point. A good number of us haven't moved, but the goalposts damn sure have. If someone had told me back in 2000 that one day the Bush and Cheney families would be almost heroes to the establishment Dems, I would have laughed out loud. (Then I would have called the nearest asylum and told them I found their lost patient.)
Same for if someone told you back then that the republican party would abandon democratic principles entirely.

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide and Go Bama

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
little Marco isn't polling too well

The problem is that in that poll she only beats him in ages 18-44. Every other group he gets 50% or higher. I just don’t trust college age or young voters because every time they are no shows like Marco. I still see it as a safe seat for the Republicans.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
She'll lose - and it won't be close.

Nobody should be getting excited about a single outlier poll that is basically within the MOE three months before the election.

And God forbid if the Dems lose the Senate (their chances of holding it look pretty good since the GOP insists on nominating brain dead nominees), the post-mortem will be, "We spent X million in Texas and Florida for pipe dreams, but if we had just spent it elsewhere, we'd still have the Senate."

Reactions: bama579

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
it is Mike Meyers best film and I will die on that hill

speaking of dying

LOL, yeah. It's a race downhill for that senate seat for sure. Out of all the dumb things Trump has done, his endorsement of Oz is one of the biggest what-the-frick moments since he left office. Even the Trumpers were stymied.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
got this email today.
1661095028194.png

The Alabama Secretary of State debate is supposed to take place October 11th. My Libertarian opponent will be participating, but not Wes "Absent" Allen. He says his schedule is all booked up through the election!

Allen wants to operate in the dark. He refuses to debate me because he doesn't want to admit his objectively backward ideas to the people of Alabama. This is what Allen's plan looks like:
My opponent is actively trying to decrease voter turnout and suppress the voices of Black Alabamians in our election by promising to get rid of the Electronic Registration Information (ERIC) system, which is trusted by most states as the most effective way to perform cross-state voter registration checks, if he's elected on day one.

Removing the State of Alabama from enrollment in ERIC without a contingency plan would leave voter rolls insecure, decrease access to voter registration, and reduce election integrity.

"Absent" Allen doesn't want to draw more attention to this, because the ERIC system has bipartisan support. In fact, Secretary of State John Merrill credits the ERIC system with making our voter registration system more efficient and effective than ever. It allows us to check for duplicate voter registrations across state lines, inaccurate registrations, and deceased voters.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.