Did Harsin’s seat just get very hot?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I don't know why Harsin took the job down on the plains. They have the worst fans in college football and they were ready to fire him after one season. Their expectations are totally delusional. They play in the toughest division in college football and yet they expect near perfection. No coach can make those fans happy. I don't know why any coach would take that job.
And there you have it. Well stated.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don't know why Harsin took the job down on the plains. They have the worst fans in college football and they were ready to fire him after one season. Their expectations are totally delusional. They play in the toughest division in college football and yet they expect near perfection. No coach can make those fans happy. I don't know why any coach would take that job.
$$$$$

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
As others have alluded, I think the real question is who would take that dumpster fire of a job to begin with.

I would call Harbin stupid for taking the job in the first place. But he’s likely to get an eight-figure goodbye kiss. So who are the stupid ones?

Late Note: the stupid ones would be the barn PTB. How many football coaches can one school pay not to coach?

Last edited:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
It’s called an easy retirement plan. Worst thing that happens is after a few years AU ends up paying you to sit at home. If your lucky enough to have a good year, you may even get a huge extension before they pay you to sit at home. You go to AU to take their money and run.

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
It’s called an easy retirement plan. Worst thing that happens is after a few years AU ends up paying you to sit at home. If your lucky enough to have a good year, you may even get a huge extension before they pay you to sit at home. You go to AU to take their money and run.
Kinda like winning the lottery, huh? Hell, I'll take a couple years abuse from those people as long as I can live on the buyout for the rest of my life.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
As others have alluded, I think the real question is who would take that dumpster fire of a job to begin with.

I would call Harbin stupid for taking the job in the first place. But he’s likely to get an eight-figure goodbye kiss. So who are the stupid ones?

Late Note: the stupid ones would be the barn PTB. How many football coaches can one school pay not to coach?
They are probably going to focus on hiring an AD that bends to the will of the cow first. Then they are probably going to make a pass at Hugh and then go for someone that knows Auburn and knows how to recruit

Reactions: DawgAlum2054

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Or Bobby Petrino who the Tiggers have coveted since the ill fated attempted coup against Tuberville. The jet is warming up to fly to Missouri State for a late night offer.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Auburn is last in the SEC in the recruiting rankings, 67th overall :)
The absolute kiss of death IMO. Puts a program so far behind the 8-ball in a conference like the SEC that it can take years to catch up. Would have to depend on the portal and I think that`s not a good way to build a foundation for sustained success.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I wonder if Harsin is tanking on purpose because he knows he's gone one way or another?
I wouldn’t say “tanking” but the play calling yesterday (and last week against San Jose State) hasn’t won him any supporters for sure. The strength of that team is the run game. And yes, at some point he has to try to develop Finley or Ashford in the passing game. But last week if they run the ball against San Jose, that game is salted away in the third quarter. And yesterday they would have remained “in the game” with PSU in the 4th quarter.

The best shot they have is Ashford as the starter, run RPO and depend more on Ashford‘s legs more than his arm.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Philip Marshall thinks Doug Barfield got a raw deal. Didn't know he lived in the area.

Reactions: CB4

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Philip Marshall thinks Doug Barfield got a raw deal. Didn't know he lived in the area.

Does anyone proofread anything anymore? That is terribly written and edited, even by Philip Marshall standards.

Perrett4Bama

All-American
Aug 28, 2001
Panama City, Florida

Interesting point in the article in reference to Barfields recruits before he was fired. Those guys were the foundation of those early Coach Dye teams. I was in elementary school in the late seventies but remember his short tenure.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Interesting point in the article in reference to Barfields recruits before he was fired. Those guys were the foundation of those early Coach Dye teams. I was in elementary school in the late seventies but remember his short tenure.
Barfield had Joe Cribbs, James Brooks, and William Andrews all in the same backfield in the late 1970’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.