Did Harsin’s seat just get very hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perrett4Bama

All-American
Aug 28, 2001
Panama City, Florida
Reminds me of an old Kiss song. It went something like this...

Feel my heat
Takin' you higher
Burn with me
AUBURN'S on fire
Paint the sky with desire
Angel fly
AUBURN'S on fire

Oh-oh, AUBURN'S on fire
Oh-oh, AUBURN'S on fire
Oh-oh

Man, what a great tune..😂😂
Dumpster-Fire.jpg

Reactions: rolltide7854

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
the situation on the Plains is a lot like two people who have a whirlwind courtship, get married in Vegas and almost immediately discover they are completely incompatible. I think much of the issues Auburn has come from a misunderstanding of what Auburn means when they say they are a fambly. People from the outside like Harsin hear “family”. And think of the Partridge family or the Brady Bunch. But Auburn thinks of “family” in terms of the Corleones or Gambinos.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Could it get any hotter? He walked into the dumpster fire of all fires...and no one warned him.
He will leave a very wealthy guy. He and his agent had to know what a unique place Auburn is and that he would fit in like a sore thumb! That is unless their recent coaching history has been sealed by a court!

Reactions: twofbyc

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
the situation on the Plains is a lot like two people who have a whirlwind courtship, get married in Vegas and almost immediately discover they are completely incompatible. I think much of the issues Auburn has come from a misunderstanding of what Auburn means when they say they are a fambly. People from the outside like Harsin hear “family”. And think of the Partridge family or the Brady Bunch. But Auburn thinks of “family” in terms of the Corleones or Gambinos.
I would say they are more like the Sawyer family.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Money says Hugh Freeze will be coaching at the Barn this time next year.
Freeze and other coaches who have had trouble with the NCAA have been blocked by the SEC office, including a couple that Saban has considered. So they better not be changing their stance now to accommodate the barn.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Hardin's seat has burned up. Of course this has been the plan of a couple of powerful AU boosters. As usual...they will get their way.
I, like others on this forum, think Freeze will be their next coach. They hired Bruce Pearl who had a NCAA show cause...and it has worked out pretty good for them. They do not care that Freeze was the most blatant cheater in SEC football in decades ( maybe ever). Freeze has a qualification that outweighs any faults.... His team beat Bama twice.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Having said that about Freeze....
I believe Plan B for AU is Lane Kiffin.
Could Ole Miss come up with the money to hold off AU? I doubt it.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
OMGoodness, this is IT!!! Perfect description!

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
As others have alluded, I think the real question is who would take that dumpster fire of a job to begin with.

I would call Harbin stupid for taking the job in the first place. But he’s likely to get an eight-figure goodbye kiss. So who are the stupid ones?

Late Note: the stupid ones would be the barn PTB. How many football coaches can one school pay not to coach?
I guess we will soon find out....😁

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
They are probably going to focus on hiring an AD that bends to the will of the cow first. Then they are probably going to make a pass at Hugh and then go for someone that knows Auburn and knows how to recruit
Like Einstein once said: “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” 😎

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Money says Hugh Freeze will be coaching at the Barn this time next year.
Or Bobby Petrino who the Tiggers have coveted since the ill fated attempted coup against Tuberville. The jet is warming up to fly to Missouri State for a late night offer.
Post #28 and #29 are winners for the losers.

Honestly, I've always thought Bob Petrino and the Barn were destined for each other. Not sure which one deserves the other the most?

Reactions: GboyBama

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Having said that about Freeze....
I believe Plan B for AU is Lane Kiffin.
Could Ole Miss come up with the money to hold off AU? I doubt it.
I think Kiffin is in a much better situation at OM than he would be at Auburn as long as CNS is in T-town.

And if Lane is patient he may get a much more attractive call one day.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.